Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

They'll Surprise You Every Time!

.

I see Brandon in my class room every day. I know he is intelligent and gifted in many ways. What I did not realize was that he is also sentimental. Not sure it's "cool" to be sentimental as a teenage boy - - - so maybe that's why he hid THAT particular attribute from me.

The other day his friends brought in a copy of a poem that Brandon had published in a collection of poems by high school students.

I was blown out of the water. Brandon captured so eloquently the poignant loss we each feel when we move from one home to another - - - one stage of life to the next.

Here, with his permission, is that poem.


Forgotten

Boxes upon boxes, piled as high as one can see
Filled with various items ---
Each and every one of them with an emotional attachment
With great sentimental value and importance
Being whisked away from their previous dwelling
Leaving nothing but a dusty outline where they used to be
Only to be placed in another location
While their owners go about as always
As if their first home never existed . . .
Life slowly abandons the quaint little house
Filled with precious memories of life and death
All of which will be forgotten in the flow of time ---
Until the next generation comes
Looking for a place for their boxes
A place for new memories to be born . . .

.

13 comments:

Pam said...

There are furniture footprints in our carpet, but we are trying not to leave dust for the new owners! Brandon is your soul mate when it comes to feeling moves - very unusual for his age. I am not totally hardhearted - I have shed my share of tears during this process.

Sarah said...

This is a touching, thought provoking poem. Thanks for sharing and brovo to the poet.

Jewel said...

Wow Brandon! Wonder what the inspiration was...



PS: I like your elephants in the previous post. :]

<3 Jewel

Kristin - The Goat said...

Wow, that's quite a poem. Brandon is incredibly talented and has a huge heart, you can tell. I seriously wanted to cry. I have left behind several homes that I have loved.

I can't find my blog said...

What a special boy!

Oh, and I liked the EB post too. ;-)

Tonja said...

Great poem. Unusual for a teenager...and a boy...to have that much insight!

Erin said...

I almost cried! Makes me miss my first little home.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

WOW! Brandon....that is BEAUTIFUL!
KEEP WRITING!!!!!

sanjeet said...

I have shed my share of tears during this process.

Work from home India

Shannon said...

That must be thanks to his 7th grade English teacher! Way to go Brandon!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Brandon is wise beyond his years. Thank you (and him!) for sharing!

dana said...

You tell talented Brandon that I LOVED his incredible poem. What a thoughtful and insightful creation he penned---yes, he did capture the loss we feel in our lives.

Thank you for that wonderful share!

Dana

kanishk said...

thanks to his 7th grade English teacher! Way to go Brandon!

kobe beef