Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

It Was a Twofer!!!

.
Imagine my surprise when I checked my mailbox Thursday afternoon and found a TWOFER!!!!

Oh, and this wasn't just ANY OLD TWOFER - - - this was a BLOGGING BUDDIES TWOFER!!!!


I was hoping against all hope that there would be a package from Jen the Dust Bunny, and had NO IDEA something was coming from Kristin the Goat too!!! But when I opened my mail box, this twofer is exactly what I found.

This smaller white one was a TOTAL SURPRISE from Kristin. Inside I found:


One of her handmade Christmas Cards (snowman) a DVD and some fun little notes.

When I investigated the DVD further, this is what it was:


"The Great American Fourth of July and Other Disasters."

Oh, but there is a STORY to go with this!!! Most of you have probably seen "The Christmas Story" because it airs as a marathon every Christmas Eve on TNT or some such movie channel. Well, there are other movies about this same family. I talked about one of them, "Ollie Hopnoodles Haven of Bliss" in a previous post.

Kristin commented on that post that she loved ALL the Jean Shepherd movies and named them off for me. When she got to "The Great American Fourth..." I was LOST - - - had never heard of it.

She stored that little bit of information in the memory banks of her brain computer and VOILA!!!! I received this surprise of my blogging life in the mailbox on Thursday!!!!

According to Kristin this only aired ONCE on PBS and then went into obscurity. She, being a miracle worker, had access to a copy.

Thank you Kristin, to me you AREN'T a Goat, you're an ANGEL - - - a Christmas Angel!!!



And now, drum roll please! (brum-um-um-um-um-um-um-ta-dum)

In the SECOND package I found this from Jen the Dust Bunny:


Now for the story! On Monday I found a blog post on Jen's blog about their family Christmas gathering. Family members were sporting their Roll Tide Christmas gear. I left a comment saying I wished I could come by some Bama gear up here in Indiana because I needed a gift for a Hoosier girl who is a big Alabama fan.

Jen fired me an e-mail immediately and said, "say the word - I'll go pick something up for you and get it in the mail today."

I did.

She did.

And this arrived in my mailbox Thursday night - - - the Christmas party was on Friday.


All I had to do was wrap the gift and mail the check! (It's in the mail, Jen!)


And here's Hoosier Kristie opening the bag - - -


And grinning from ear to ear when she found she's now a Bama Girl!!!
.

14 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh so much fun! A surprise for you and YOU were able to surprise someone else with blogging friendships. I just love how we support and help each other. It is making a huge difference in my life!

Huggs..........Linda

dana said...

Isn't the world of BLOG amazing? We "meet" great cyber friends who send us great STUFF.....like that awesome sounding DVD and the gift for your Bama Loving friend!

Dana

PS I realized as I left you the "you should publish that" comment that YOU had published it to the blog world, but I really meant you should look beyond that...it's such a great story.

Cindy said...

Delightful post! I SO enjoyed reading, and I am smiling! Thank you!

Dawn said...

So sweet of Kristin. I had no idea there were other movies with this family!

Pretty cool of Jen too! Bloggers are the best!

Lori E said...

Don't you just love it when you get a perfect gift for someone and especially with some help from one of your kind bloggy friends.
Awesome.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Ann in the UP said...

Double WOW! How cool is that??
I knew Kristin was amazingly cool, but apparently she's one of many!

That was a fun post and I loved Bama Girl's happy yelp of joy. It doesn't even need sound.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I think it's pretty cool that my gift arrived with Jen's. You know, I've met the wonderful Bunny of Dust, in person. Not rubbing it in or anything LOL

I originally saw The Great American Fourth of July and other Disasters while I was staying at a lake house. My former boyfriend's father recorded it and about 50 other movies on his beta machine and when beta went kaput he stopped taping over the movie and took everything to the lake house. I saw this movie so many times that I didn't realize it was a rare film.

If any of you are interested - ebay! That's where I found it :)

Thanks Keetha for writing such a lovely post :) What a pleasure it was to find something that was absolutely perfect for you!

Kristin - The Goat

Kristin - The Goat said...

Awww - What a lovely comment from Ann in the UP - Thanks Ann!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is just so wonderful Keetha! Blogging buddies are so wonderful and thoughtful too! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Cindy

Tonja said...

This Bma Girl is real pleased to know that tag will be sported up north! I also will be glad to send you any Bama or Auburn gear! Just holler! Our family is split right down the middle in AL/AU!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How exciting and great gifts. Those are two of my blogging buddies. Enjoy!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Awww! Bloggeras are the best! And those two and you are the cream of the crop! Love you girls! LOVE the tag!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

PS. The Christmas Story is my favorite movie (Chrsitmas movie) I had no idea there were more tales of this familY! Awesome...

j said...

I'm back from the brink of blogging obscurity! Keetha, we went to Panama City and all of this family fun time is SERIOUSLY cutting into my blog time. How rude.

But I'm back.

THANK YOU for posting the picture of her happy face. You have no idea how happy that makes me. It was my pleasure and I'll help you anytime, with whatever you need. Blog-sisters are like that, you know?

Kristin is a peach. No two ways about it, she is wonderful. I loved her card and I'm thrilled to own some of her photography now (I keep meaning to buys something from her etsy shop. AFTER Christmas for sure). It doesn't surprise me a bit that she remembered and sent you that DVD.

Have a wonderful Christmas Holiday Keetha. Love you much!