Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"I'm Fine Mom!"

.
Dear mom, (Leigh to most of you)

I know how you worry when I travel, so I'm just checking in to let you know I arrived safe and sound.


First thing when I got here, Miss Keetha undid my seat belt and got me out of my little deluxe nutcrackermobile.


Then she smothered my face with kisses. If you'd have warned me about that part, I never woulda come here! Is she a little weird or what?

Next it was off to meet and greet:



First I met the BIG CHEESE Nutcracker King. I felt a little small and intimidated next to him. He never even cracked (oh, that's a pun!) a smile!


But when I met these little princes I felt pretty big in my britches!!!


Miss Keetha has a whole Toyland here, mom! She says these are for the grans. I just have one question, what are "grans?"


Hey, is it bad luck to have a black cat sniff your head? This one's name is Gomer and I wasn't sure that I liked him much!


But this Christmas Cat was real sweet and quiet. She didn't make one sound.



I think maybe Miss Keetha's running a game preserve around here!!! Just look at all these black bears. One of them, who called herself Brunhilda, was pretty bossy!!


Do you have ANY IDEA how cold it is up here, mom???? I'm NOT in Alabama any more, Toto!!!


You did not PREPARE me for standing around in the snow! You think this little coat you gave me is warm enough for this????? Better think again!


Miss Keetha saw that I was freezing my Alabama blood to death out in the snow bank, so she brought me in and let me warm up wrapped in her leopard snuggie. She even let me have the remote and the "Turd Furgeson" pillow for my head.


Then it was time for me to take my place on guard duty in the front hall. Miss Keetha said, "Yo Bob! Break's over!" and she made me go to work.


And that's where I still am. Can you see me, mom??? Third up from the bottom. I'll try my hardest, in my new home, to make you proud!!!
.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keetha, you're a mess! too funny! that was nice you got a present in the mail:)

Brenda said...

You are one crazy chick for sure! Hilarious! btw, was he freezing his nuts off out there? (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist, feel free to delete this comment.)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Too funny girl but I'm glad he is happy in his new home....not everyone would share their lepard snuggie!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It was my pleasure to meet your new Nutcracker. Great post Keetha!

Lori E said...

Do you have any other voices talking to you Miss Keetha? Are they telling you to start fires or anything like that?

Anonymous said...

It appears you gave your newest addition the perfect introductions...the smile I see on his face tells me he is extremely happy to call your place HOME! Even that cutie pie Gomer put that boy at ease...in his own way!

OOOOH, your snow looks pretty danged deep! We got about 8" in The Christmas Eve Blizzard (as we now call it) and we're supposed to be getting a couple more tomorrow!

I was certain someone would get me a Pink Snuggie for Christmas...but my daughter did even better. She got me an electric throw! I can't keep the cats off my lap when I turn it on! :)

Have a great evening!

Dana

Alicia said...

Hahaha, what a cute little story. I bought my first nutcracker this year for Christmas. He only made it as far as my office. Hopefully next year he'll make it home for Christmas :-)

Unknown said...

Cute post!

Cindy said...

You kill me! And I knew you'd have the bears hand out with the Nutcracker. btw, do you ever crack nuts with any of them?

Kristin - The Goat said...

It's always a delight to see Brunhilda and Boris, but even more delightful that they have welcomed their arms to a new friend! Leigh is so incredibly thoughtful :) but I wonder if she sent the nutcracker just to see what you'd say about it!! I about died laughing at nutcracker outside in the snow lol

Love it!
Kristin

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Dear Bob,


I am so glad that you made the trip ok. True, I was worried that you might show up "cracked" so glad to see you made it in one piece. It's so wonderful to see that you are already making fast friends.
Brunhilda and Boris are wonderful folks. I can only think Brunhilda was a bit snappy because she is usually very sleepy this time of year. Come spring she'll be chipper as a lamb. But watch your nuts....she'll be hungry too.
The Big Cheese is a pushover I am told. He is all bark. Just stay in line and your sure to stay on his good list.
If Gomer gave you a Sniff rather than a swat you need not be shaking in your boots.
I think you will like your new home with your new mom, Mrs. Keetha. She has a big heart-and she shares her snuggie, what more could anyone ask for.

Happy New Year, Bob!

Leigh

PS...Brenda's comment. HAHA! Keetha, you KNOW she beat me to it. LOve her!

Tonja said...

Loved this! My Alex collects nutcrackers, too!

Keri said...

HAHAHA Brenda!!!

I must say, I'm quite surprised she didn't delete that! HA! :)