Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bells and Bows and Book Lights

.
Have I mentioned that I'm out of school for TWO WHOLE WEEKS????? The joy can barely be contained!

Friday was our last day. After exams were over, we had class parties. I have lots of class, so we had quite a party!

Oh I do jest.

I am one of the sponsors of the Class of 2010. I decided I'd whip up a little gift for each of our seniors. Of course, I didn't decide this until Thursday night - - -



I won't even try to tell you how LONG it took me to "whip up" these little gifts. Let's just say, those bows were A LOT harder to tie than I had anticipated - - - A LOT HARDER, so it took me much longer than one would think necessary, and there was absolutely NO whipping involved.


But when they were all finished and lined up in my room, they did look very nice, don't'cha think?

Let the party begin!!!


We had lots of happy girls full of Christmas cheer - - -


And three scrooges.

Don't believe them, they are faking.
Really they are just as happy and excited as the girls.
Can't you see it on their faces?



First we piled our plates full of food.


These are what we like to call walking tacos.
You might call them haystacks or taco salads.

They were yummy!!!


We made a "circle of trust"
In which to eat, open presents, and play games.


MOST of us ATE in the circle of trust.

Then the kids declared it time
For the sponsors to open their gifts.
They were just giggly with glee
Over the gifts they had chosen.


Well, no WONDER they were giggly!!!
Our gifts were Snuggies and - - -


Book lights.


These funky little "inch-worm-esque" book lights.
As you can see, I chose to model mine.


I got the leopard print and my co-sponsor got beige.
I can't speak for Lou Ann,
But I shall WEAR mine with pride.

To be strictly honest,
I've been coveting a Snuggie - - -
It will be PERFECT for watching
All those NCAA bowl games!

Not to mention blogging.
As a matter of fact,
I'm wearing it right now as I blog!



And besides, it makes a GREAT Mary costume!
By the way, I'm pretty sure "Miss Mary" here was the
Brains behind the Snuggie idea.


Then it was time for Mrs. Santa Leopard to hand out presents
To all the good little boys and girls.


It was also time


For the good boys and girls
To exchange gifts with each other.


There were dart guns


And soft furry socks


And grapefruit juice.
GRAPEFRUIT JUICE????
Yes, grapefruit juice.


Then just to top it all off,
We played "Catch Phrase" - - -


Dots vs no dots.

It was a fabulous finish to exam week!
.

12 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

It was from your kids!!! Well that makes more sense now. I am very happy to hear that the booklight was placed with care next to your glasses. I feel a little protective of them for some reason. LOL You are totally stylin' in that leopard print - but I don't think you could pull off the Mary look in your snuggy, it's a little too wild!

I think there are a lot of advantages to having a very small class of seniors. It looks like so much fun.

Susie's country cottage said...

Just in case I dont get the chance to visit you again before Christmas, I hope you enjoy your time off school and would like to wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.
Susie X

Ann in the UP said...

What a photographer you are! The look on the face of the recipient of the grapefruit juice is PERFECT!
Your Christmas party looks like a jolly time, indeed!

Tonja said...

Such fun! It's easy to tell you are loved by 'your kids'. What is so neat about that is that kids really know who cares for them and who is just acting! They know you are real and that says much about you!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I love a good party! They picked right on the snuggie in leopard for you. It has your name all over it! I want a crimpson tide one. I am going to get me one!

Martin LaBar said...

Ah. No school until 2010.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of FUN!! Your wild woman snuggie fits you! Cracked me up with the reading light in your glasses, leaving your hands free to commit more mischief!!!!!You're awesome, Krazy Keetha!:)

Roslyn said...

After all that fun you need a break Keetha. Seems you have a terrific class there, great kids.

kyooty said...

what fun. How many grads this year? I can remember my brother graduated with 517! and me I went to the small school with 103!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love your Snuggie ~ looks like you had a great party. Enjoy you time off.

j said...

I think you ROCK the Snuggie (there is an Alabama Snuggie under the tree for me - bought and wrapped BY me). You really do look nice in animal print.

I have to say though that a teenage guy who wears an Annie t-shirt must be the coolest kid at your school. He has got a bright future I just know it (the sun'll come out... tomorrow). No wonder you love your students so much!

Unknown said...

Nice Snuggie! I was excited last Friday too when the last bell rang and the kids headed out the door for two weeks!