Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where Have All My Genes Gone?

.

AKA: ALL My Genes are Recessive, WAY Recessive


I should be used to this by now.
Every one of our four babies looked
Just like their daddy.
I may not have been involved at all - - -
Except I DO remember nine months of morning sickness
Times four.
And I think I remember the deliveries too - - -
Or did I just imagine those things???


And now our grandchildren are coming along - - -
And guess what???


My genes are STILL hiding


They are ALL Greg.

Later Addendum:
Oh, Oh, Oh!!!
I just thought of it!!!
Mackinley is SMART AS A WHIP - - -
He got THAT gene from me!!!
;-)

.

17 comments:

Dustin and Kayla said...

yep! they are for sure Greg! :)

I can't find my blog said...

Aaaww! What cute pictures!

Keri said...

BUT I see your genes A LOT in me now, as an adult. I stand like you, I hold my arms like you and I do look like you!

Keri said...

There IS something about your baby picture there that makes me think of Piper, too. I can't put my finger on it but it's there. (You're right, though, the one of Dad REALLY looks like her!)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh, so not only are my genes recessive, they are really SLOW besides!!!! (It took them until you were an ADULT to even start showing up in actions) Heheheheehehehehehe

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That baby does look like Greg. WOW! But Keetha, you are both precious, that baby was lucky either way. JUst like momma. Pretty.

Anonymous said...

Yes,but when they get grown,I'll bet they start looking more like you.And what a waste if they don't .You're one hot chic!
You aren't kidding,are you?That truly is your stool!I wish it were mine.I can delete it forever,would you like me to do that?I don't mind at all.After all,it's YOURS...Ann

Anonymous said...

Awww Keetha, they are pretty dang cute! As long as they have your sense of fun, they are set for life!!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Of course "Papoo" isn't ONE BIT PROUD that they all look like him!

Sherry said...

According to the photos, you are right on! So sorry :(

But . . . maybe your personality traits will rise to the top! :)

nancygrayce said...

Those genes are so confusing!!! One of my brothers has two boys, one looks exactly like him, one exactly like her! Go figure!

Anonymous said...

Thank you.I have literall over 1,000 pics of things i would like to do.Things i might one day use in a blog?Just pretty things!I never remember 5 minutes later where i got them.Then when i want ot use them,i feel strnage,cause I don't remember,ya know?
But I have been really lucky.I 've only used 2 and both of you are flattered.I just wish I had this stool.Yes,thats' a lot of work.I did a chair like that about 10yrs ago when I first heard of McKinsy/Childs?It took me FOREVER....Ann

Nancy said...

Yes, with the posted pictures, Piper looks like Greg ... maybe your grandchildren through your sons will resemble you ... or maybe you will have to wait for great-grandchildren. Such beautiful grandkids!

Keetha Broyles said...

Or maybe my genes will just die out with me - - - -

Sad face.

Martin LaBar said...

I see some resemblance to you (and to him)

Julie said...

Isn't it funny how the whole "gene" thing works?

In our family, Drew def. looks more like me, and Alex is a mirror image of Craig when he was a boy. I can't imagine what this next baby will look like!

Do your kids have your personality?

Keetha Broyles said...

Well, now that the girls are older, there are people who say they look like me - - - but I still don't see it myself.

Korie does have some of my aptitudes. I used to cut hair - she's a cosmetologist. I've done my share of public speaking - and she's started down that road, etc.

Keri finds herself standing or doing small mannerisms like mine now.

Julie - - - shall we do a little punnett square to try to figure out these genes? Martin from the comment above you (Dr. LaBar to me) was my College Genetics Prof - - - I'm sure he'd be a very valuable resource for us!!! Hehehehehehehe.