Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

So Typical - - -

.

On So Many Levels!


About a year ago at our school's Health Fair,
I was GIVEN this little weekly
Medicine dispenser strip.

Hubby kind of poo-pooed it - - -
What did I need that for?,
Who cares? - - - you know the routine.

Well, I was not deterred.
I began to use it
And was thankful for the "daily" markings
As sometimes I forget if I took my
Meds today - or was that yesterday?
Perhaps you can relate.

Anyway, I've been happily using
My little medicine strip
For over a year now.

About a month ago,
Hubby came home from Walgreens
With this:


The fisherman's tackle box medicine dispenser.
It's set up for taking meds four times a day,
But hubby uses it as once a day for four weeks.
I don't even know how much he spent for it.

Let's make a list in the comments
Of all the ways
This is "typical" hubby behavior.
Who wants to be first?

.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie petie! Thanks for coming to visit me and your lovely comments. Now I am gonna add you to my reader.
Hey I have one of those big old med dispensers. When you take so many pills you rattle when you walk, you need one! LOL! God bless!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Keetha,
Thanks for stopping by my cottage, we are in the Western part of Wisconsin. Come back and visit soon, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yep,this sounds so familar.Back 1,000 yrs ago.I got a letter from RETIRED PEOPLE WHATEVER.I can't even remember whho they are.
I was so insulted.How dare they!I'm not THAT old.I think i'd just turned 50.I was a child!!!!!!!!!!!
And yes,I have one of those,and it works IF i can ever remember what day it is.haha...Ann

Kim Sue said...

low tech never works for my husband. it always has to be an upgrade of some sort. and, if there was an electronic one with lots of bells and whistles, he would have definitely have bought that one!

Keetha Broyles said...

Exactly, Kim Sue!!! "Go big or stay home."

Anonymous said...

I don't have one of those in my house, but something I have learned in 16 years of marriage...Suggest an idea, wait a week, and when your hubs says he has an idea, and then repeats your idea back to you, this is the important part!! Tell him, that is a great idea, I love it, you are so smart for thinking of that!!! Works every time, and everyone is happy!!!LOL

Tonja said...

The wise husband will watch and learn from his wife.

But, typical is the behavior to try to do just a little better.
(thus, the 4 strip) Then he is able to brag about this 'find' of his...and about how much better it is.

Those husbands!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Tonja, you nailed it on the HEAD. Bigger - - - Better - - - Oversized - - - Overpriced - - - all of the above!

Martin LaBar said...

Far be it from me to comment on typical husbandly behavior.

It may be typical wifely behavior to point such things out . . .

Keetha Broyles said...

Touche'

Sherry said...

This is funny! My hubs would have used the single strip. But . . come to think of it, he did get one of these for his 50th birthday and has yet to use it.

Around our house, it would have been me that came home with the upgraded, four-strip unit :) Typical?

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Sherry!!! Maybe your two personalities are "swapped" from ours.

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog! Hope you are having a great weekend! ♥ Hugs!

j said...

My husband would rather keep his meds in the bottle and send me out at the last minute to get them from the pharmacy when he takes that last pill.

Bring on the medical tackle box.

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Jennifer. I don't mind that he has a pill strip - - - as you see I have one myself - - - it just cracks me up that he has to "go big or stay home."

nancygrayce said...

I've used the pill strip for years because I'm so forgetful! My husband didn't "need" that to remember to take his medicine....now he has two (o.k. I do too) one for morning and one for night. When he decided to use it, it became his idea! Men are just so funny!

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm telling ya, they are "go big or stay home" kinda people.

Julie said...

That is too funny! I can totally relate to Amy and her idea comment. That is the way it works at our house a lot of the time!

Keri said...

My hubby wouldn't do it...but it is SO TYPICAL DAD BEHAVIOR and it really made me laugh out loud. Even though I already knew about it and laughed about it with you several weeks ago..it's still funny.

Keetha Broyles said...

:-) Yep - - - bigger + more expensive = better (in his mind)

Kristin - The Goat said...

I did a "Works For Me Wednesday" post on these little daily pill dispensers. I love mine. It's the only way I remember to take my vitamins. I love that your husband uses the weekly one into a monthly! That's clever!

Keetha Broyles said...

Clever or overkill???