Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pretty Little Maidens All in a Row - - -

.

Results of today's 7th Grade
Life Science vascular tissue lab.


Put a little water
And a lot of food coloring
In a little beaker,
Insert a carnation
Whose stem has a fresh slant cut,
Wait overnight - - - observe.

Aren't they pretty little ladies?

(Thank you to Kelly's Flowers and Gifts
for donating the carnations!)
.

13 comments:

Tonja said...

I'm sure your 7th graders would be insulted to know we do the same experiment in kindergarten! It is still amazing to watch no matter how old you get, though!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I have never seen this - so as a 42 year old, I'd love to do this... guess I'll have to buy some carnations, and food coloring and a beaker (I bet I can use a glass) and then just sit back and watch!

Ooooh, maybe this can be a project I can do with my nieces.

Keetha Broyles said...

Have you ever seen "tipped" carnations in a floral bouque? This is how they do it - - - only I'm not sure if they use food coloring or something more "floral."

It is pretty cool - - - have FUN with it!

JudyBug said...

well, I had no idea about this! Where was I when people learned to do this in school? neat!

JudyBug

Keetha Broyles said...

:-) You make me smile, JudyBug!!!

Our purpose for doing it in class was to observe and study the vascular tissue - - - but they sure do look a lot prettier than that, don't they?

Anonymous said...

so pretty! We used to pick Queen Anne's lace on the farm and do the same experiment with the same results, so much fun!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Never tried it with Queen Anne's Lace.

Nancy said...

OK, here is a coincidence: I was thinking about this exact experiment this morning - seriously. (I have no idea why this came into my mind.) Are our brains working in sync because of these blogs?

Keetha Broyles said...

I don't know - - - perhaps so - - - what shall we think about next?

Nancy said...

I better sleep on it and find out what is on my mind in the morning ... hmmm, that could be scary.

j said...

We have always done that with daffodils except for this year. Since we moved we no longer had any in our yard :(

Very cool experiment.

Keetha Broyles said...

Hmmmm - - - I never THOUGHT of trying daffodils. Of course, none are blooming in IN yet, so I STILL would have had to go see my wonderful florist!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I remmeber this project, it was always fun to watch the transformation!