Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, March 13, 2009

"The Trouble With Tribbles"

.

And pictures is they don't reproduce reasonably.
(For all you young whipper snappers, that is a reference to an original "Star Trek" episode)












The pitcher on left and the bowl on right are both from Burr Camp.


After I told the story of getting the Burr Camp pitcher WITHOUT a bowl and buying one to complete the set, my daughter, Keri, asked why I didn't use the Burr Camp bowl instead of buying one.

The FIRST reason was that I had the pitcher several years before the bowl came my way.

The second reason is a perspective problem that my pictures failed to show.














With this combination the pitcher on the left looks like a 2X lady trying to squeeze into a size 8 dress, and the pitcher on the right looks like a skinny minny wearing a tent.

.

14 comments:

Keri said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA I totally laughed out loud at those pictures!!!

haley said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA keri totally laughed out loud at these pictures!!!

(i'm at her house right now and heard it live and in person)

p.s. i also laughed out loud!!

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm soooooo glad you girls laughed out loud at these pictures - - - I WANTED to make SOMEBODY laugh!!!

Keri said...

MOM!

WHY are you STILL up at this hour?!?

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

haley said...

KEETHA/MOM!

WHY are you STILL up at this hour?!?

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I wondered the same thing!!! Ha! Now I know the rest of the story :)

Nancy said...

Good descriptions - yes, I've seen the "in-her-mind-forever-size-8" female looking like your Burr Camp combination.

P.S. Why are you still up? (Just thought I'd keep consistent with the other comments.)Hehe

Jewel said...

haha, that is funny.

PS: I imagine you have gone to bed by now. =]

Keetha Broyles said...

Ladies, ladies, LADIES - - - it was FRIDAY NIGHT - - - I can stay up later that night.

Truth: I had been asleep in my comfy chair, woke up and saw what time it was, went to turn off my computer and found your comments.

And since it is now Saturday morning, I slept in until now!!

Believe it or not - - - I'm on my way to the Y to WALK in circles.

groovyoldlady said...

It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came!

My post is up...

Tee-hee-hee!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! You have me giggling. Perspective is everything, isn't it? I love your pitchers and your bowls, not matter what the size. ♥

Keetha Broyles said...

Groovy - - - I've already BEEN to your post, and COMMENTED there and LINKED to it here!!!! I've had a BUSY morning - - - and I'm getting ready to post about the OTHER busy-ness I've been up to already and it's only 9:19 AM now!!!!

Betty Jo - - - Thank you SOOOOOO much for returning to my little ole blog, and for thinking my post was fun (I've arrived) AND for commenting!!!!

Dan said...

HA! Now that's funny!

Keetha Broyles said...

Danman - - - I see on your blog that you have more followers than just me. Do you know if your new posts show up on their dashboard "follow" list, 'cause they're still not showing up on mine. The LAST notice I got about your blog was the post with the picture of the very debonair rooster.