Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Today's Highways and Byways

.

Today I took an absolutely new turn on the highways and byways of my life here in Central Wisconsin.

I took the first baby steps to become a librarian.

OK - - - so I'm not ACTUALLY a librarian, but I am working in a library - - - as a shelver. That means I'll be "manning" (can I MAN something if I'm female??? Am I female???) the coffee shop for one hour and returning books to the shelves for the rest of my shift. I'll be a shelver for ten hours each week.

Today, amongst other things, like how to scan books back into the library, I learned that I did NOT own librarian shoes.

More about that in another post.


But for now, because my bed is CALLING - - - I will leave you with this photo.

It is totally unrelated to all things library. But hey - - - it is the prerogative of an eclectic blogger to be random. In fact, it is a prerequisite.

These are three new art prints that came home with me from our northwoods vacation, and this is where they now live in my dining room.

And with that, I bid you a fond good-night.

ttfn

.

17 comments:

42N said...

Rural scenes - love 'em!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Congrats on your new job Keetha!
And I love those new prints and your hutch too!
Hugs,
Cindy

podso said...

Hey Librarian! My dad always tells the story of when my mom worked in the library during college--she was always very strict about keeping the noise down. :-) hope you enjoy the job! And I love your new prints, and the bright and cheery chairs up top!

Jojo said...

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of libraries! In my working career inspent 5years in a small-town public library and 14 years as a reference librarian in law firms. Shelving is great exercise but in addition to needing the proper shoes, be sure to skip jewelry. I damaged my engagement ring banging it on the shelving. You will love library days.

Ann in the UP said...

Getting paid to hang out in the library! My life's dream!

Erin said...

Love the new prints! And I am pretty sure that working in a library might be my dream job! It sounds so peaceful.

LV said...

At least you are keeping busy and still enjoying life as well. Take care.

Diana Lesjak said...

Good luck at the library~ tho I must say, you do not look like a librarian!! Love the prints and how they are placed!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Many times I thought working in a library would be a dream job. Can't wait to hear more...now get some sturdy on your feet all day shoes and enjoy your new job!

Doris Sturm said...

I've always thought the idea of being a Librarian sounds appealing - love being surrounded by so many books...but I never heard of Librarian shoes? I suppose they must have quiet soft rubber soles so you don't click-e-di-click down the halls LOL (just guessing!)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Keetha, I am so excited for you.
Congratulations! I love the prints you bought, they look wonderful where you put them.

lilmomma said...

Well since men do "manning" you would be "wo-manning" those shelves, right? Lol.

Anonymous said...

you will be "femanning"
Its for sure a new word because I have a big red line underneath it letting me know.
now is that the same home, just in different times?
its prettty. I enlarged it to see if I could tell.
thanks for the info on the mushroom, I still dont understand but Im sure some of my readers do, when you have a minute and are bored maybe you can e m ail me a kindergarten level explanation! Im n ot kidding.

Unknown said...

Love the prints and can't wait to hear your troubles in book land!

Keetha said...

I love the prints but I'm still hung up on: you're going to be working in a library! How wonderful. I love libraries, and can't wait to hear more.

Betty Jo said...

My best friend did this out in OR and absolutely loved it. I'll bet you will too. She met so many wonderful people. Your new art prints are gorgeous! ♥

Kristin - The Goat said...

Purty purty pictures, Keetha! I bet you'll find a new book or two to read during those ten hours shelving books. I know I would!