Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday In Port Wing

.


If you wend your way along highway 13 at the very northern edge of Wisconsin,


which just happens to roughly parallel the southern shore of Lake Superior, you will not only find nature in its raw beauty but you will also pass right through - - -





Port Wing is a quaint and cute little village.


It's the kind of place that makes you want to stop for a spell.


This little former church now Port Wing Pottery beckoned me to enter.


Inside I met Shane Upthegrove who is the creator of all these lovely pieces. She not only sells her pottery here, but creates it on her potter's wheel in the back room, fires it in the side yard kiln, and lives with her hubby in the upper loft bedroom and rear kitchen.


Thanks to Unknown Mami for hosting
"Sundays in My City"
To which I am linking this post.
Today my city is Port Wing, Wisconsin

.

20 comments:

Tara R. said...

Port Wing is a sweet little town. The pottery house look like a great place to spend a day, just browsing.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Oh to be on the water. This little town is a Wisconsin jewel. Thanks for sharing!

42N said...

I now want to go there!

LV said...

These are the kind of towns or places I really enjoy visiting. I am not for the big city traffic ways. Loved this little tour with you.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love Lake Superior and I love the little towns along there!
I want to visit that pottery shop too!
Ahhh, wonderful!
Cindy

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Keetha, it is so nice to meet you! What a darling village so quaint and homey looking. Would love to take a tour. Thank you for your helpful comment about the font size. I was wondering why it came up two different sizes. I've been doing the blog for a while, still have so much to learn, always love getting new tips.. thank you so much. I've gone back and changed it out, looks a billion times better.. any other hints please feel free to pass them my way.. hugs ~lynne~

AudreyO said...

What a cute little town. I am such a big city girl that I love the days I can find little towns like this and just get lost in them for the day.

Lori E said...

Little towns are often full of the most creative, artistic people. We have lots of fabulous potters around here to but I have run out of room to store any new pieces.

★Carol★ said...

That looks like a sweet little town! Did you stick a toe in Lake Superior? Even in the summer that thing is frigid!

Spittin-Toad said...

Hi there Keetha,
Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! Your summer has most certainly been nicer than ours...but school starts here on Sept. 7th...So there's still some hope for sunny days. :)
Denise

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

I am always amazed when I see buildings in small towns surrounded by so much open space, what a truly quaint town. Love the glimpse into the pottery store.

urban muser said...

that looks like a lovely place! great shots.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing me around Port Wing. It looks so picture perfect and quaint..

Anonymous said...

I'd love to visit that pottery shop!

ps. Your comment on my blog didn't have your web site link, pls add it next time, thanks! Have a good week!

Unknown said...

I have never been to Wisconsin. Thanks for the insider's view of a quaint town. And I love your blog header.

Love Of Quilts said...

Cute little town..it does look to be one of thoses that I would like to visit however I live to far....so I'll have to be content to see it with you. Trish

I can't find my blog said...

Beautiful new header pic! Just stopping in to let you know I'm trying to catch up. Before football starts. I'm woefully behind. How's the new gig? xoxo

Sandy said...

Great little towm in WI.
By the way, I am not going to be in
Stevens Point this weekend the 13/14 Aug. for HS reunion due to bad hand ande hip problems....would have loved to get up with you and visit...Maybe sometime in the year, I will be able to travel...I will let yo know...
Sandy

Kristin - The Goat said...

Oh swooooon! A pottery place inside of an old church AND they live there, too! Oh Keetha, I love it.

Claudya Martinez said...

I'd love to spend some time there. BTW, I really like the image on your header.