Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Reruns - Silo Bling

.


Today is Sunday again, and you know what THAT means!?! It's time for "Sunday Favorites"!!!

Sunday Favorites are RERUNS, not current posts - - - if you want to participate, just repost something you previously posted "back in the day."

Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting this meme. You may click on the link to find the rules and see more favorite posts.

My rerun today was originally a wordless, other than the title, post. For it's debut in syndication I added a row of ****'s with words below them.

Enjoy.



Got Pumpkin?
(First posted on 9/18/08)



* * * * * * * * * * *

Just imagine how sad I was to pass this long time Southern Wisconsin landmark in May of 2011 only to discover it cracked in half and lying on the ground.

Oh how I hope they restore it to its rightful pinnacle.

.

6 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

Mighty cute, but sad to see it in disrepair. sniff....

Nayana said...

ohh, can't believe its no more there....its cute. thank you for sharing.

Love Of Quilts said...

Let us know did they repair it or take it down. Trish

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Keetha...

Ohhh...that is awesome! Too bad that it's in disrepair, hopefully they will get it fixed. That's just too cute though...a big ol' pumpkin atop the silo! Wonder how and what they made the pumpkin out of? Beautiful photo and I love the big red barn too!

Thank you for sharing this post with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week! I do apologize at being so late to get by for a visit...just been crazy busy!

Love ya,
Chari

Kristin - The Goat said...

You mean this is really real? Oh, the Wisconsin weather is brutal to all outdoor objects. I wonder if there will be a new pumpkin or maybe something different? A giant apple? A tennis ball? Maybe a Camera? Goodness, it could be just about anything, but I love the pumpkin.

Kristin - The Goat said...

One Google search later ---

from Roadside America
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/9018

Giant Pumpkin Silo

Decapitated Again!

After a few short weeks the new pumpkin head has left the silo to be with its mate in the fields below. A severe thunderstorm this morning blew the second giant pumpkin head to the ground, shattering it into many large bright orange pieces. Poignantly, some of these pieces comingle with the former resident of the silo, whose older remains were also scattered by the winds. Was the sight of the original pumpkin's remains beneath him too much to bear? Were the gods of oversized squash sending a message to farmers who would use them as mere roofing?

Whatever the cause, the farmer has bravely stated on local radio interviews that they are considering a third. The pumpkin may be gone (again) but the dreamers, and the dream, endure, an inspiration to us all. [Kyle, 07/11/2011]