Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Peas Porridge Hot!

.

Today I am really thankful for Friday Frags because for the past month I've been too busy and too tired to have even one smidgen of creativity left for blog posting.

So my blog has gone begging.

But it's FRIDAY and I think I can pull together a few frags in honor of the day!!!


* * * * * * * * * * *


You've heard of meeting yourself coming AND going???? Well, this is even worse - - - it's called FOLLOWING yourself.


* * * * * * * * * * *


Do you remember Miss Kitty Rose??? Well, I was able to see her again this summer in Hayward.

She was stylin' in some new "risque" togs.


Meet Linsey and Jan. Miss Kitty Rose lives with them - - - only they know her as Edith. Here's what they told me about Miss Edith:

Last winter Miss Edith skied the Birkie and she got so far behind she thought she was winning!

She participated in a fund raiser for the cancer society - - - as you can see, she's suffering with "skin cancer" herself.

She rode in the rodeo.

And last but not least, she DOES love her martinis, except when she loses her olive.


* * * * * * * * * * *


Sister Pam, can you figure out where this is???
Anyone ELSE out there know???


* * * * * * * * * * *


Who can tell me what this contraption is and what it is doing just hangin' around in the trees???


* * * * * * * * * * *


I fell in love with this little tea pot - - - I didn't pay for it, so I only brought home its portrait.


* * * * * * * * * * *


BILs Jim and John.

John bent his knees so Jim could feel tall for once.
Very thoughtful of him, no?


* * * * * * * * * * *


This is exactly how I do NOT want my highlights to look.


* * * * * * * * * * *



Anyone need a home for their pet toad?
Piper???


* * * * * * * * * * *


I needed a little somethin' somethin' for the nekked wall behind the front door.

VOILA!! A grapevine wreath, made years ago by my Aunt Ferol and given to me recently by my friend Norma, hanging on a window frame I found in the garage.

Don't laugh - - - this is what I call decorating.


* * * * * * * * * * *


Here they are: my mother, her eight siblings, and their parents. I won't try to tell you who is who and which is which instead I shall just leave you with this poem of their actual names IN ORDER of their birth:

Mama, Papa,
Ferol, Aileen,
Vetra, Guida,
Doris, Verneen
Beulah Mae, Clinton,
And Janet Doreen.



* * * * * * * * * * *


I thought this was a simple but cute birthday party table centerpiece.
My friend Connie is just clever like that.


* * * * * * * * * * *


Mackinley is taking right after his Kamma - - - loves doing puzzles


Today was his FIRST day of school.

TOO SOON!!!!!


* * * * * * * * * * *


Mommy's Idea

Please head on over to Mrs. 4444's place
And check out all the Friday Fragments.

.

10 comments:

nancygrayce said...

You can just tell miss kitty rose loves her martinis!

And the name poem! That is just too cute!

Keri said...

I know what the contraption is! :)

I have not seen hide nor hair of poor Mr. Toad since he escaped the clutches of his well-meaning captor. However, she would be all about stuffing him into that home!

The one down in front...is that Janet?...reminds me of Piper!

Mack says he had a great first day of school. His tidbits of information from his day: the kids who bought lunch got grapes, he wanted grapes but didn't want the rest of what they were eating. His blanket for "nap time" is too small and is a baby blanket. Gym was his favorite part of the day. He felt sad because he missed me (Yes...HE said that!).

Keri said...

OH! And he got to have pink milk with his lunch.

Lynn said...

Is the contraption a fruit fly trap?
That's the only contraption I have ever seen in a tree.
Sorry about your lack of aunties!!

Anonymous said...

im going to have a bad dream tonight, im scared of Mrs.Kitty

Holly said...

I love toad abodes. We had some for a while.... Don't know what happened to 'em.

Love seeing your mother's large family and Mackinley is so cute!

Ann in the UP said...

Safely home and enjoyed your fragments. Good way to catch up after your weeks of "too busy". The purple trap has something to do with the tent caterpillars, or the gypsy moth infestation.

You give killer driving directions. I aced the trip back to SP!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I don't know where that is, but I do know you take the most beautiful pictures. I also do not know what that is in the tree but I do know it kind of looks like a giant LEGO.

I think your decorating is lovely.

Very cool picture of your family.

podso said...

I could comment on each photo--so fun to scroll down your fragments and not know what the next would be. You are talented and creative and funny my lady!

Did your grandparents plan those rhyming names? What fun and what names. The old names are coming back (as I see where I work with newborns) but I have not seen any of these oldie but goodies --- yet! Yesterday I saw a Dorothy for the first time, just about fell over (my given name).

BTW you know why people never used to smile in photos, don't you? Have a good weekend!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Those family names are some of the greatest! Every time you mention them I get a huge smile...you have mentioned those names before haven't you?

Happy Friday Fragments on Monday!