Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Up, Up, and AWAY!!! (And Other Frags)

.

Friday Fragiddy, Fragiddy, Fragiddy, FRAG!!!



* * * * * * * * * * *



Friday the GREAT WISCONSIN RAPIDS HOT AIR BALLOON RALLY begins and continues all through the weekend.


All this excitement will be RIGHT across the street from our FRONT DOOR.

We COULD sit out in our lawn chairs and take it all in without ever leaving our yard!

We COULD invite all our friends over and make a real shin-dig out of it.




We COULD walk across the street to buy breakfast, lunch, or supper - - - yummy fair food!

But we will NOT because we will be on our way to Indiana.

Hopefully NEXT YEAR in Wisconsin Rapids!!!



* * * * * * * * * * *



Bright and early tomorrow morning (Friday since I'm writing this on Thursday evening) we will load up the old Candy Red Durango and head south - - - deep south - - - Indiana. (Hehehehe)

I'm not sure yet exactly WHO is going with me.


It might be Fisherhubby,


It might be The Big Cheese,


Or it could EVEN be Indiana Jones.

I'll let you know later.

I'm also leaving you in suspense about WHY we are going south.

Later, gator!



* * * * * * * * * * *



Just look at ALL this loot I brought home today!!!

I'm going to take it to a donation box at church.

One Sunday in early November the children will use it, and other donations like it, to pack at least 50 shoe boxes to be sent via Samaritan's Purse, to Third World children for Christmas.

What a FUN and BENEFICIAL project. Perhaps you've already been involved in this, if not you can read all about it here and maybe you'll want to pack your own shoe box!



* * * * * * * * * * *



Our friend Tracie just celebrated her 14th Birthday!!

We got to help her eat the cake.


Tracie and her sister Kayla.


Connie and Jim, proud parents of Tracie and Kayla.


At the party, Fisherhubby was doing his "normal" thing,
making people laugh - - -


He even got a little smile out of "quiet" Harvey!!


* * * * * * * * * * *


One day this week we happened upon a field of sunflowers.


They were just standing there,
lifting their yellow heads up to the sunlight.

They neither toil nor spin
And yet even Solomon in all his glory
Was not arrayed as one of these!


* * * * * * * * * * *



We spent a little time on Tuesday
soaking up the beauty of Petenwell Flowage.

"Wisconians" say flowage, others say reservoir.


Petenwell is HUGE, being the second largest lake in our state.
It's more than 10 miles long and covers 23,000 square acres.

I look at it and see nothing but beauty.

Fisherhubby looks at it and sees PREY!



Mommy's Idea

Please head on over to Mrs. 4444's place
And check out all the Friday Fragments.



Photo Credit: Hot Air Balloons from cmnballoonrally.com


.

13 comments:

Cass @ That Old House said...

Well now have a wonderful trip, no matter which of those characters you take with you! Are the Bears going with this trip?

Flowage? Now that is a new one on me -- Flowage for reservoir? You Wisconsians are such romantics.

Next year -- balloons!
Cass

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You all know how to have fun! Nice shots.
xoRobyn

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I vote for the balloon fest!
Have a great trip Keetha and we have spent time on Pentewell and it is pretty amazing!
Cindy

Ann in the UP said...

I don't know if this is true all over Michigan, but around here waters behind dams are called backwaters. Not nearly the panache of flowage.

podso said...

Well it's too bad you are leaving all that excitement behind but I'm sure there are better things in the "deep south" to which you are headed. Have a good weekend!

Kay said...

Hearing you say 'flowage' makes me think of my cousins in MN!!!

I love the view of the hot air balloons!! How beautiful!

I did the shoes boxes for years growing up!! Our church doesn't do that, they participate in the food pantry locally. What a great project for my kids in school!! Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

Unknown said...

Enjoy going south to Indiana. Try Honduras next time. Better weather in August. I liked your plug for Samaritan's Purse. I used to help with that regularly when I lived in the US. Now I am living in the land where people need a box like that.

Holly said...

Aw, too bad you'll miss the hot air balloon spectacle. I hope you have a good trip "down south." We're going "down south" to Indiana too, except for us, it's "way up north." :) Your friends look real sweet, and your donations are so cute. Enjoy yourselves.

Kristin - The Goat said...

You will be missing all of the hot air? Well, well, well - you will have to be there next year for you will certainly need blog fodder LOL

Have a great time in Indiana. Can't wait to find out what cha doin' there.

Rachael said...

I love the sunflower photos! It must have been a beautiful sight, a whole field of them.

I love the shoeboxes too, that is so cool and I think that projects like that are perfect to teach kids about the meaning of the holidays and helping other people.

Doreen McGettigan said...

I love the hot air balloons. They have a festival in New Jersey also, it is so beautiful when they all fly away along the Delaware River.
What a great charity. I think all of us fragmenter's should get together and send Laurie some shoe boxes for Christmas...
Have a great trip and be safe!

http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com

kyooty said...

Ohhhhhhh there is a balloon show here too in Sussex.