Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Reruns - "Those" Broyles Children

.


Today is Sunday again, and you know what THAT means!?! It's time for "Sunday Favorites"!!!

Sunday Favorites are RERUNS, not current posts - - - if you want to participate, just repost something you previously posted "back in the day."

Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting this meme. You may click on the link to find the rules and see more favorite posts.

Today I dedicate my repost to all the moms out there who are raising young children and who sometimes wonder if their children are morphing into monsters - - -


There's ALWAYS Hope
(first posted on 9/15/08)

Many of you, my beloved blog readers, those of you who identify yourselves anyway, are the age of my children or even younger. I often see posts on your blogs about the frustration of parenting. This post is for you.

Been there, done ALL that.

With FOUR children.


These were not just ANY children - - - these were the infamous BROYLES children.

You are probably wondering, "What does she mean by that?"


Well, just let me TELL you what I mean by that.

None of these children were shy.

None of these children were quiet - - - at least not at home. The "baby" could be rather quiet out in public - - - but at home?!? Let's just say at meal time we were in imminent danger of getting a noise ordinance warning. Seriously.

All of these children were creative. TOOOOO creative. I have stories - - - I may tell a few someday, but this isn't that day.


These children were cute, and occasionally cuddly. People stopped us in the grocery store and begged me to let them buy candy for these children.


These children were ZANY!!! I'm real surprised I have ANY sanity left.

These children could also FIGHT. Now, they would fight OTHERS to the DEATH to protect one another, but they didn't seem to have ANY qualms about killing each other themselves. In fact, I rather think they believed killing each other would have been justifiable homicide.

I thought Big Sister would take Little Sister OUT the day Little Sister got into Big Sister's make up and smeared it all over their bedroom carpet.

Big Brother threatened to shorten the life of Little Sister AND Little Brother so many times we ALL lost count.

Little Sister and Little Brother didn't learn a THING from being tormented by their older siblings, unless it was HOW to torment each other to an even FINER degree than what they themselves had been tormented.

I wondered if they would EVER get along.

But time has changed all that.

As hard as they fought back then, that's how hard they love now.

Wednesday night the oldest three of "THOSE" Broyles children ended up at the same concert at Verizon Music Center.

Little Sister and Big Brother, along with their dates, were together. Big Sister and Brother-In-Law were no where to be seen.

Little Sister began texting Big Sister to see if they could meet. Unfortunately they were on opposite sides of that HUGE concert venue. Little Sister was not daunted!!! She set out ALONE (Big Brother - - - WHY didn't you protect your Little Sister???) to find her Sissy.



And EUREKA!!!! She FOUND her. Joyful meeting!!!

More texting - - - this time back over to Big Brother, who decided it was time for the entire group to get together.


And together they were for the rest of the concert.

Broyles siblings.

Together.

In one place even.

No fighting.

No killing.

Just love and SINGING (at the top of their loud little Broyles' lungs, I'm sure.)


And hugging. Don't forget the hugging.

So, my dear bloggy moms-of-young-children friends, there IS hope. Hang in there.

And remember these images of "THOSE" Broyles children loving, hugging, and singing.

.

9 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What an adorable post, I enjoyed it so much because I think most parents can relate of young siblings fighting, punching and killing! I remember one of my 2 daughters broke a glass window, throwing the other against it so hard, thak goodness, the glass didn'y fall, it just stood there in pieces!! God bless your beautiful family and the parents for ever! Lots of hugs, FABBY

Cass @ That Old House said...

Yes, before we sold our last house we had to make sure we'd repaired the hold in the bedroom wall where one sweet daughter tossed the other. Just having a picture over it was no longer enough!

Yes, those kid years are noisy, crazy, wild, and wooly... but didn't we love it all?

It's great to see the grownups they've grown into. I used to think successful parenting meant your kids grew up to be doctors or astronauts -- now I am happy if my kids are not IN JAIL.

:-P
Happy end of July! wow -- where'd that go?
Cass

Anonymous said...

Your post brought back memories of my own children and their fighting and bickering over every little thing. I'm so glad they are grown up now and hugging each other instead. It's awesome to see them so close.

Ann in the UP said...

Yup, it's lovely to see them getting along and loving to be together.

By the way, they are extraordinarily handsome children! Just sayin'.

Our biology teacher told us to marry the smartest, best looking person who would have us. Good advice.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Keetha...

Awww...what a sweet post, my friend! Oh yes...I can certainly relate as a mother of three grown daughters! They could fight with the best of them...and they were PK's (preacher's kids)! Hehe! All three of my daughters are now married with little one's of their own...and with some not so little. My oldest grandson is going to be 19 next month. All three girls live in the same town and are very close...that is such a blessing to me!

So sweet of you to share about your kiddos, Keetha! I really enjoyed reading your post! You know...your oldest daughter looks JUST LIKE her sweet mama!!! So happy to have you join in with the Sunday Favorites party this week, dear friend!

Have a super, sweet Sunday!
Chari

tinajo said...

That is sweet - and I do believe that´s what they get after all up´s and down´s. I´m waiting for my boys to get their first true "down" - I´m sure it will come eventually..!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

This post about your family totally made me smile.

I hope to someday have a family like yours. Even with the petty fights and the too much creativity. My husband and I both had those same experiences and we are really close with our siblings, so if there's anything I think I could encourage is togetherness (after they don't live with each other.) I know how easy it is to fight with sibling who live in YOUR room. I love that (90s pic?) of your family. You (now) and your daughter on the left look EXACTLY alike. It's cute.

Keetha said...

I love this! I have a brother, younger by two years. We fought constantly growing up. All. the. time. Around junior high or high school we became friends, and we get closer all the time.

Diana Lesjak said...

It is so nice when they grow up and do love each other!!! But I am sure you still miss those crazy days of their youth!!