Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday in Cornucopia

.


Pulling into Cornucopia I felt as if I'd gone down to the sea. Images of Hemingway flashed before my mind.


There were channels, there were wharfs, there were boats, there was sea grass,


And there was water. Water meeting the horizon as far as the eye could see.

But THIS sea is fresh water. This sea is the mightiest of the Great - - - this is Lake Superior, Gitche Gumee.


Cornucopia is snuggled down against "her" southern shore.


I liked this boat - - - I thought if I ever wanted a big boat, it would be just like this one.


Fisherhubby said this one was better, he'd rather have it.

No accounting for tastes.


Oh look! "River's End" is open, it's a hot day out here in the sun, let's step in, shall we?


No air conditioning in here, but the cool off shore breezes make it bearable.


Way too hot for a picnic today, let's go on down to - - -


"The Good Earth", shall we?


It's a very pleasant retreat from the rays of the hot sun should you ever found yourself up Cornucopia way!!!


Thanks to Unknown Mami for hosting
"Sundays in My City"
To which I am linking this post.
Today my city is Cornucopia, Wisconsin

.

22 comments:

AudreyO said...

Love the photos. Living in Santa Barbara, I can appreciate the ocean, the docks and even the little shops :) We also have many outdoor cafes.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thank you for the lovely tour. You're having such a great time by the sea, I love it. I'm also loving the stores, nothing better for me than to run into a store and do a little shopping, the last store looks like it has lovely stuff. You know, it happens to me with some blogs too, but there's an arrow with the blogs name and it opens, it happens many times, don't know why. Enjoy your trip and thanks for visiting, you're so sweet. FABBY

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Oh, I love it!!! There's really a place called Cornucopia? That's AWESOME!!!!

Hugs/blessings,
Lana

Theresa said...

Looks like a fun day! Love the water:) Shopping is fun too and that the Good Earth looks like a wonderful shopping spot!

Have a blessed day dear Keetha, HUGS!

RuthnJasper said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful pictures. Isn't a cornucopia associated with plenty and generosity? Thank you for sharing Keetha - you do live in a very beautiful country, we love accompanying you on your travels. x

Thank you also for your kind comment on Jasper's Fifth Anniversary of his blog! MANY congratulations on your own anniversary! I feel strongly that, somewhere up in God's Kingdom, our lovely Angie is celebrating with us... Here's to the NEXT five years!

With love,

Jasper (and Ruth) xxx

Rebecca said...

Looks gorgeous. Love the Good Earth Shop.

And cheese curds...I want some.

Claudya Martinez said...

Sea Hag? I've been called worse.

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I'm on your side as far as the boat goes, his pick doesn't look very relaxing, it makes me think of work. Where your pick reminds me of relaxation and fun in the sun. ha ha What a great name for a town btw.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

So lovely and quaint. It's name (Cornicopia) is great too. "Heat sportswear" ?? That's interesting.
xoRobyn

Martin LaBar said...

It's been a long time since I've heard (or thought of) that name. Thanks.

j said...

Awesome photos Keetha. I love the picnic table - I would love to have that set!

Have a great week.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I forget that the Great Lakes touch other states - I always take them all for Michigan lol

I bet you had fun in Cornucopia, WI!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tour of Cornucopia, it looks like a great place to visit.

Unknown said...

Neat photos! They make me want to come your way for a visit!

Erin said...

What a cool place!

Anonymous said...

did you buy yourself a treat

Holly said...

Looks like the perfect little seaside town! I mean, uh, lakeside town. Waterfront town. You know....

42N said...

That's a world class beautiful spot.

Ann H said...

I am disappointed. You went to Cornucopia and didn't post any pictures of Siskiwit Falls. They're absolutely gorgeous--although admittedly not very high.

Keetha Broyles said...

Ann H, I don't know if you'll come back here to see this or not. We were just passing through Cornucopia - - - all we saw is what I showed in the photos. But we surely did enjoy that!

Ann H said...

Keetha, You will have to return someday to see Siskiwit Falls. It looks like a staircase in a mirror because of the way the water reflects the sunlight.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful and those stores look so charming.