Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Succession Success

.
Took my Biology class out for a short field trip to observe natural succession - - - both primary and secondary.

It was a success!!!

Here they are - - - my Biology class AND my homeroom. I believe this is the third year they've had to put up with me as their class sponsor.

Brave kids!!!

How do you like Rachel's socks?


Checking out secondary succession.

In the background you can even see secondary succession developing into a climax community. And what would a climax community be in Indiana you might ask ???? Well, I'll tell you - - - a temperate hardwood forest.



Just look at the power of observation!


Can't you see the wheels turning?
The smoke rising?
CAUTION: Brains at Work!



Some of them even took a closer look!


We found this lovely teasel seedhead.
Isn't she a beauty?
Wonder why I call her a she?
Better check out your plant birds and bees!!! ;-)

.

5 comments:

Terhune Family said...

You are most definitely NOT talking my language. Stick with the chemistry, please.

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh no - - - this IS MY language.

:-)

~Molly~ said...

Cooool, cooooool, cooooool!!! What a fun "field" trip to the field!!!LOL

Did ya hear about the science class in east Texas where two students were bitten(in class) by a mis-identified water moccasin?? Shouldn't a science teacher know how to ID a snake? Sheesh!

Molly

Keetha Broyles said...

Well - - - let's face it, the topic of "science" is HUGE - - - I'm not an expert on ALL things science. Snakes probably were not that teacher's "thing." BUT - - - I wouldn't be letting my students "mix" with snakes I did not know.

No - - - I hadn't heard that story.

Julie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! It looks like you had a beautiful day!