Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday at the Grotto

.

Just eight minutes from my door is the tiny village of Rudolph, population 432. Though small, Rudolph has much to offer visitors.

It is home to the Dairy State Cheese Factory which I have previously highlighted.


And on the property of this beautiful little Catholic Church,


Called the Church of Saint Phillip the Apostle,


One can find this gorgeous old grade school and - - -


Nestled under the shade of many mature trees - - -


The grotto.


The grotto is a quiet, shady spot for sitting and contemplating.


It has been beautifully landscaped with flowering plants.


Over the years it has been adorned with man-made rock structures and meandering paths.


There is even a cave fashioned after the form of the Roman Catacombs.


One could enjoy a quiet picnic near this tinkling water wheel - - -


Or sitting at the table in this quaint little gazebo.


And before you leave, you can spend a few moments of worship in this tiny chapel. We heard a family in the chapel singing "Jesus Loves Me" as we passed by.

Now please click over to Unknown Mami's place to see what others are sharing about their cities today.


Joining Unknown Mami
For Sundays in my City.

My city today is Rudolph, Wisconsin

.

16 comments:

Tara R. said...

The church grounds are beautiful. I would love to spend some time there relaxing and visiting the grotto.

Tami said...

Small towns offer to much that a big city cannot. I love the peace your pictures portrayed. And singing "Jesus loves me", what a precious thing!

retired not tired said...

Thanks for sharing your small town. I loved the visit.

Sandy said...

Great little town...Used to live in Medford before St. Pt. and it was great to go and visit years later to see it is almost the same, except for the plaza on the outskirts of town.....
YUMMY, cheese curds...can't find them here in my town....
And, that wonderful school should be made into loft apt/condos....What history it could tell....
And, yes, JESUS LOVES ME....
Have a blessed Sunday, Keetha
Love from NC

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Keetha, that is an awesome place to visit! So pretty and I love the little chapel! Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Wow, that does look like a fantastic place to go. Have a great week.

podso said...

Interesting. Such a tiny town to have so much to see!

joanne said...

I love this meme....getting a glimpse of other's lives and lands, all around the world...thanx for sharing...

Claudya Martinez said...

I'd gladly take some cheese and relaxation.

nancygrayce said...

What a beautiful little town and I love the grotto!!!

noexcuses said...

I love old and quaint! What a beautiful place to explore! Thanks for sharing!

Vidya Sury said...

Would so much love to visit those places and explore! The church looks beautiful - and I wonder how it looks inside? It all looks so pretty. I'd love a cozy afternoon + cheese!

Thanks for sharing. I love my keyboard you know! :-) Hugs! Vidya

Erin said...

What a beautiful and peaceful place!

42N said...

What's inside the cave? Did you photograph it? Great subject.

Barb said...

Can you believe I have never been to the grotto? The cheese factory... yes, but never the grotto. Next time I will be in town might be a little chilly so
maybe next summer....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How wonderful. Looks like a great town to visit! I was in Milwaukee last week.