Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Have We Got a Frag For You!!!!

.

Tomorrow's Friday, which gives me license to fragment all I want, and I want PLENTY!!! Thanks to our bloggy friend Mrs. 4444 for hosting this "partay." When you finish up fraggin' 'round here, please click on the link at the end of this post to frag around with all the OTHER party goers.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


A few days ago when I said this blog would be HIBERNATING for football season, I began to get "don't stay away forever" comments from my nearest and dearest bloggy buddies.

Not to worry - - - I didn't really MEAN I would hibernate for the ENTIRE football season, I was just making a feeble attempt to 'splain why I won't be blogging as FREQUENTLY as is my norm. Good news - - - I'll still be blogging.

Or not good news if you prefer.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


It's not just the college games themselves that keep my football season time occupied.

See, I made up this Pick 'Em game - - - and one game expanded into three this season!

The game is written, produced, and directed by me. Kinda handy for controlling all the rules. ;-)

These are the tools of my commishedness trade.


This is where I compile all the picks - - - orange circles are "sole predictions" which will earn their picker double points if only they win.

Simple thing for Ball State to beat Clemson IN Death Valley on Saturday, don't'cha think???

HA!!!


And then after the games are played, this is where I tally up all the scores.

Of course, I also e-mail out all these steps to the players since we are scattered all across the globe.

I can tell ya it's a very good thing that I can COMMISH this game so well, 'cause I surely don't seem to be able to WIN it.


* * * * * * * * * * * *

The Cincinnati Bearcats quarterback's name is Munchie Legaux. (pronounced Le Go)

How awesome is THAT?


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Fisherhubby in his faux fan gear. Don't let him fool ya - - - he's a stinkin' Gator fan.

He's just trying to do in Rome as the Romans do.

I'm the genuine Wisconsin fan, and don't anyone forget it, k?


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Sister Pam and BIL Joe spent three days here last week.

This is proof positive that Joe really DOES know how to dress.

When Isaac was making for landfall, and seeing as P & J live in southwest Florida, and since they were already in Indiana at the time, Pam used her powers of persuasion to talk Joe into coming up to what he thinks is the ALWAYS frozen tundra for a visit.

I believe he forced her to resort to tears.

Anyway, while they were here we took in the "sights."


You might notice the "bored out of their skulls" looks on FH's and BIL Joe's faces - - - that's 'cause I whipped the car into a big old mansion that said it was open that day and we were immediately sucked into a 2 hour tour.

We thought we were on Gilligan's Island for a while there.

I doubt I EVER live that decision down - - - but I did it for YOU my bloggy readers. Pictures of that house will be forthcoming at some future date.


Everyone was a lot happier with the boating excursion.


Although I think they did get a little bored with my camera always pointing in their faces.

They knew where these pictures would end up.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


This is the self-same barn on the farm where my grandparents raised my mom and her 8 siblings.

Yes, I said 8.

That was the small family - - - dad is one of 13.

Anyway, I've been wanting to pull in the LONG driveway up to this farm, even though we don't know the current residents from Adam - or Eve for that matter, and snap a picture of Grandpa's barn.

I decided that was the day.

When we got to the end of the long drive - - - we discovered in the place of the old farmhouse, which is long gone, there is now a dumpy looking trailer with some kind of an addition built on.

Fisherhubby said he'd seen plenty of horror movies (yes he watches those by the dozens) that were less scary looking than that place.

I started to open the door to get out to shoot the shot.

YOU'RE NOT GETTING OUT ARE YOU????

No one is home, why not?

'Cause this is where 4 teenage girls get cut up with a chain saw in the movies!!!

Well then, it's a good thing we aren't teenage girls, isn't it?

See - - - I sacrificed my safety just for a bloggy shot to share with all of y'all. I'm just unselfish that way.

Don't worry - - - the guy with the chainsaw just missed severing my head from my neck and I returned safe and sound to blog about it.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Who knew there was such a thing as a lake mower to mow up all those water weeds????


* * * * * * * * * * * *


When our oldest son, Kelly, was about 12 or 13 he used to "become" a character he named George, and George called me Kingda.

George USED the name Kingda to get Kelly out of trouble with his mother.

As in, when Kelly saw his mother's wrath about to fall, George would suddenly pipe up: "I sorry, Kingda!" in a really pitiful and repentant voice.

Yes, of COURSE it worked.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


I want to try one of these, then if I like it I want to GET one of these.

I'm just sayin'


* * * * * * * * * * * *


This is Sister Pam and BIL Joe sayin' good-bye to their Hoosier grans, Finley and Cohan. Cuteness all around.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


And SPEAKING of grans - - - this was the first day of first grade for Mackinley.


See that little orneriness ooozing out of him??? He's had to "flip" to his yellow card several days already in the 2+ weeks he's been back in school. (It's an elementary discipline thing)

I told his mommy to stop worrying - - - yellow is just a little tiny warning.

Because, MY GRANDSON is perfect you know.


And this is Piper's first ever day of preschool.


And she's making a "point" of showing off her cute little outfit.

Now mommy has several hours each week of home-aloneness. She's not too sure yet if she likes that or not. I told her she will LOVE it.


* * * * * * * * * * * *

Here it is, the end of this week's frags. I KNOW it's still Thursday afternoon, but I totally MISSED fragging last week, and I've been so in absentia from blog land this week I'm just gonna go right ahead and hit "publish post."

Hurry on over to visit all the OTHER fraggers by clicking on the button below.



Click this: Mrs 4444
to see all the other Friday Fragments!

.

18 comments:

LV said...

Glad you took time out from the games to share your family's visit. I always enjoy your blog as your writing tells me you talk like you write. What a pleasure it would be to spend a day with you. Nothing as precious as those little cuties.

Tracy said...

Who would ever pick Ball State over Clemson at Clemson? Probably liked the uniforms better.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I'm glad it's a semi-hibernation and not a true hiatus, 'cuz who else would "get" MY silly posts?

I'm in awe of the game you developed... with tallies even! Kinda makes me wanna take up watching football. Okay. Not really.

Love the frags!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, so much going on in your life.
Glad you had a nice visit with family. Love your football enthusiasm. That barn is gorgeous.
I can't believe how grown up Mackinley and Piper are. They are both so cute.

Alyx said...

Tell me you picked Nebraska to beat UCLA this weekend!

nancygrayce said...

Just a little warning about the kayak.....we got one, we then got another one....we maybe used them twice? They now hang in a place of importance under the boat carport (luckily for them, there is no boat there right now)....they get all the glory, but hardly ever any use!

Sweet grands going to school. Having all boys, I know all about the warning stuff....mine usually went on over to red! :)

42N said...

If you haven't already, you should post that barn on Barn Charm. Don't worry about putting Iowa on your football must-see list. Let the boys earn some respect (again) as they roll into yet another building year. Thanks for the offer.

Lisa said...

Hello Keetha, your Frags are all around WONDERFUL!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Cute grandchildren!! And I have a little 5 year old boy and know exactly what you are talking about with "yellow", thankfully we've had mostly "green" days, but oh my, it's just so hard for those little boys the first few weeks!

Unknown said...

That's a lot of frags! The barn, the sister, the grandkids. But the football game? That's in a league all by itself. Enjoy football season.

Wayne W Smith said...

Have fun with your version of fantasy football. I have you have a great time with it.

Hootin Anni said...

Love the first day of school photos!!! So so precious. I can remember our own kids' first day, and of course not to forget our grandson. Hard to believe now, the youngest grandson is now nearly 17!!

Love the smiling faces -and the yawner. LOL

And the barn scenario comparison to the chainsaw massacre was a hoot.

And reading about all the football...makes me want to get into the swing of things...everywhere we go-0 people wanna know-0 who we are...and we tell 'em...we are..........

Keri said...

What the heck were you doing in the picture of Dad in his Wisconsin fan apparel?? Spelunking????

Bill Lisleman said...

Wow what a list of fragments. You had enough to bake a pie or something. Nice that you were able to see that old barn that was in your family. I enjoy touring mansions. If the tour guide is knowledgeable and interesting it's lots of fun. Not a mansion really, have you ever seen the House on the Rock in WI? Strange place - worth a visit.

podso said...

I could not follow your football game, as I can't follow football too well. Guess I wasn't raised on it. I should hang my head in shame! But you have enthusiasm enough for both of us, and maybe the whole blogging world! Have a good weekend! Enjoyed your frags.

Claudya Martinez said...

So nice to see that barn hasn't been torn down to put up a parking lot.

Love the notebooks you use.

Kranky Granny said...

What a list of fragments you shared this week. Glad you had a nice visit with your family. You posted some great photos of the grand babies.

I loved the info on your family barn. Your are very lucky to have something like that to share.

Unknown said...

Lake Mower... seriously? Thanks for your help, my button is now working!
I wish we had a barn, of course, that would mean we have a farm and DB just continues to tell me it is too much work!