Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Get Your Hot Buttered Frags Here!

.


During these busy weeks I look forward to the Friday Fragment Linky party hosted by Mrs. 4444.

Seems I'm USUALLY able to pull my thoughts together and get out a fractured post even when I've done precious little other blogging.


* * * * * * * * * * * * 
Don't Make Me Use My Teacher Women's Light T-Shir

This morning, while Fisherhubby and I were both right here at home, in the same house and everything, he sent me an e-mail link to this t-shirt on pinterest.

At first I thought it must be spam, 'cause I didn't see anything about it HE would think was funny.

"Greggie, did you just send me an e-mail of a t-shirt???"  queried I.  (And I did MY querying right out loud live and in person, I might add.)

"Yep"

"Why??? It doesn't look like anything you'd think was funny!"

"Cause I don't want you to talk to me in your teacher voice anymore."

I'm pretty sure I don't HAVE a teacher voice.   ;-)

Besides which, this is the wrong shirt.  He must have thought it said "Don't USE your teacher voice with me!"


Photo credit: cafepress.com


* * * * * * * * * * * *  


Fishserhubby hit the big six O on Tuesday.  (Of course I am MUCH younger and don't have to face the dreaded six O for fifteen more months.)

My MIL Robin, who is the "gifting queen" sent him this fishy cookie bouquet.



I do NOT know how she does it, but she finds the most perfect things to suit the receiver.

Just look at that gingerbread fisherman in the center.


* * * * * * * * * * * * 


There is a pesky fly driving me nuts.  He's been following me from room to room and activity to activity.

He hides when I get the fly swapper in my hand.

Maybe I wouldn't attract flies so easily if I took a shower.


* * * * *  * * * * * * * 

 BIL Joe is a real Joker, isn't he?


* * * * * * * * * * * * 

 
Another of Fisherhubby's prize gifts from MIL Robin.


Fishermen are P-I-C-K-Y about their equipment brands, and THIS is a good 'un.   The Big Cheese is DELIGHTED with it, Gator chomping all over the place.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Now that the first frost could happen here in Central Wisconsin ANY NIGHT, my grown-from-seed marigolds are finally in their prime.

Go figure.

Maybe NEXT spring I need to plant them INDOORS before the OUTDOORS is warm enough to let them thrive.

Note to self:  JUST DO IT.


* * * * * * * * * * * * 


I showed this gorgeous Victorian house on a SIMC post a few weeks ago.  Many of you drooled over it.

You had to get in line behind moi to do so.

I have since learned that it is one of two "Arpin" houses, so named because they were built, side by side on the river bank, by the Arpin brothers way back in the circa 1900 day.


Sunday as I walked across the Grand Avenue Bridge downtown I spied the roof line of that Victorian Arpin House down river.

Too bad I don't use one of those big heavy fancy smancy cameras so the picture would have been clearer for you.


* * * * * * * * * * * * 

 
This cute little dog (cat?) deal-a-ma bobby came into the Loft this week.  I decided to bring him home.

I believe even I can handle a pet like this!


I put him in my driveway beside the antique watering can.

Now I just need to accessorize them for fall.

Because, fall begins on Saturday you know.  

In spite of the fact that MOST of you have been working on your fall decor for at LEAST a month, maybe two, Autumn begins by the calendar and by the sun on Saturday.

Just sayin'

* * * * * * * * * * * * 



Would somebody PLEASE 'splain to me why during the height of our drought this summer - - - when the grass was dead, brown, and ugly - - - the weeds flourished?  

That "lovely" little cushion of green around our solar light is some sort of weed or other that self-propagated there.


* * * * * * * * * * * *



Today I leave you with this lovely Lake Wazeecha vista.  Wouldn't you like to join me for a sit-down conflab on that little green bench?


* * * * * * * * * * * * 


Now please hurry over 
to Mrs. 4444's place
to see all the other 
Hot Buttered Friday Frags!!


Click this: Mrs 4444

.

23 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

Happy Birthday to fisherhubby
I guess we all have voices that others don't care for. Maybe that's reason for the popularity of texting. Weeds can thrive on very little. I would like to know who decided which plants were weeds.

Anni said...

Weeds....they'll grow anywhere anytime!! We had the same brown grass and greenery popping up too.

As for the Victorian House, my first thought was that's way too many rooms to keep clean. LOL

And you asked on my frags this week which Colonel Potter do I like best? I didn't know there were two. There was Henry Blake played by M. Stevenson and then Potter played by H. Morgan. But, I'm talking TV here. Was there a Potter in the movie?

Anni said...

---sorry, that's ME above ... I'm in my Bird Blog Admin instead of Hootin' Anni's.

nancygrayce said...

Oh, we used to have one of those cookie bouquet places here and I loved it! I didn't know you could get them anymore! I'll have to google that!

I HAVE to know where your MIL got the Gator reel! I have three Gators here who would love one of those in their stockings! Of course I need two Seminole ones for the other two. We are a family divided with one who just plain doesn't care...guess who that is???

Love that little animal planter.....looks to me like a bat/dog! :)

Tami said...

Happy birthday to your hubby!

I DO have the teacher voice. Sometimes it is scary too. :)

Have a great weekend!

Erin said...

I have a teacher voice, and more useful, the teacher look. It even works on strangers' children in public if you can just catch their eye. ;)

That cookie arrangement is great! It has a bit of a Dr. Seuss look to it.

Jocelyn said...

The cookie bouquet is super cute! I wish I was a good gift giver like that!

Actingbalanced said...

Happy Birthday to Fisher-hubby! Those fishie cookies look yummy!

Claudya Martinez said...

Happy birthday to Fisher-hubby. You guys should take your act on the road or at least get your own sit-com.

Unknown said...

Showering is a good thing. Try to get one before your own 60th. The company will appreciate it. And don't make me use my teacher voice to make you take that shower this year.

Unknown said...

Weeds, can't kill and can't live with them!

42N said...

Part of my revitalized lawn looks like yours. Yes the weeds like to grow in little to no water places - just because. The rains came in August and totally turned around many lawns. Crops are another story. And yes, frost potential is tonight around here too. First of the season.

P.S. Don't worry about listing my boys on your marquee. Wait until they beat a ranked or quality team. We play Central Michigan (here) tomorrow. Good luck to WI.

Kim Sue said...

My mom has a teacher voice and it is still heard by all of us at times. You know the weeds grow because they are are made to grow in your area/ your climate. We force all that other stuff to grow because we like it better than weeds :0)

Anita Johnson said...

I was a teacher too...I know "the voice" comes out of me more than I care to admit...but it still works. Happy 60th to your husband, my fishing friend would have loved this bouquet. And weeds. Tell me about it...i weed 7.5 acres. One reason to like winter i guess...the weeds are covered by snow!

Mrs4444 said...

For Maren's benefit, I really should get some fall decorations up, huh?

BTW, I have a party idea for your husband. Mr.4444 came up with it, inspired by all the jewelry parties I get invited to. He invited six fellow fisherman to a "lure party" at our house. Each guy came with six lures (all the same) to exchange with the others. They extolled the virtues of their offerings, made the swaps, and then enjoyed a few brewskies. Happy Belated Birthday! :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

When the weather cools down and fall is approaching, the flies seem to know that the end is near ... so they all come inside to try to avoid/postpone the inevitable. I've already killed 2 here (although it took forever as flies now must have some kind of radar that tells that that the human has a fly swatter ... ha!).

Stacy said...

Happy Fall and Happy Belated Birthday to Fisherhubby! That was one sweet cookie bouquet. :)

Karen and Gerard said...

Cookie baskets make great gifts! I may get my hubby one for his 60th birthday too--plus a yard surprise of some sort.

Ann in the UP said...

Happy Belated Birthday greetings from me too. And many more years of mischief to you both!

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Hope he had a great birthday.
I love the teacher voice... seems to work well.
A cookie bouquet... YUM!

Have a great weekend.

http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

Doreen McGettigan said...

I agree you and you hubby would make a great sit com, you always make me laugh!
I am very impressed with your marigolds, I never even thought of planting them from seeds. In this area they are not looking that great this year.
Those cookies look so good!

Vidya Sury said...

Your MIL's gifts are really sweet! I am also happy to drool at the Victorian house again!

I have always wondered how weeds resist and grow :D Like the bad guys. Tough and resilient.

Love your cat - I could easily handle a pet like that, too! Marigolds are called "genda" flowers here - and strung into garlands for worship. The markets are always full of them.

Beautiful Friday and always so enjoyable, Keetha!

I can't find my blog said...

Tell G "Happy Belated!!!"