Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Grand Affair in My City

.
Last Sunday as I headed out to church I noticed as I crossed over Grand Avenue, one of the main streets through town, that SOMETHING was going on.

It took all my self-discipline to continue on my way to church without detouring to see what was up.

Fortunately for me, it was "up" all day long and I had plenty of time after church to go exploring.
 

Upon exploration I found it was called Downtown - A Grand Affair.

It was a street fair of sorts with Grand Avenue from the bridge to the mall closed to all but foot traffic.

There were tents, booths, and vendors everywhere.


But the main attraction was a car show.


And what originally caught my eye was this colorful vista of cars all lined up across the bridge.
 

What a sight with the river and the paper mill for a backdrop!


I must confess,


I don't know my jalopies from my hot rods nor my hot rods from my luxury sedans.


But I do know picturesque when I see it.  

And this was that.


Even an old friend showed up.


Herbie Rides Again!!!


And that, my dear bloggie friends, just about "winds up" this post!!

Please click below to see what others are sharing of their city today.


Joining Unknown Mami
For Sundays in my City.

My city is Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

.

15 comments:

Mimi said...

HI KEETHA!!!
WOW...what a GREAT city fair.....it is indeed GRAND!!!I love all those OLD cars...we have an old car...a 67 mustang...but most of those are OLD CLASSIC cars!!!
So cool!!!
Happy FALL to you
hugs,
jamie

Unknown said...

Herbie! I love Herbie. I also loved our families 1941 Jeep that my dad restored. He and I were the main drivers of that crazy thing. I love your post today. P.S. I am glad you went to church FIRST. Good girl.

retired not tired said...

I love street fairs and surprising ones are the best. Great pictures!

Tara R. said...

What a great surprise. My son would love all the cars. The Nash reminds me of my aunt, she drove one when I was a kid.

Raymonde said...

Great show! The cars make for great photos. Have an excellent week. :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

Those cars are real beauties-- Car folks are always so nice too. Glad you got to check out the street fair and share it with us.
Happy SIMC, jj

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What that sounds like a fun time. Love the old cars and you got to see Herbie!!

Charlotte said...

Car shows are so much fun. Especially the classic muscle cars.

Ann in the UP said...

I like old car shows too. It's even fun to spot them en route to the show on the regular road!

Erin said...

I don't know much about cars either, but I do love a good car show! Maybe my proclivity to be attracted to shiny things. :) I love that Herbie made an appearance!

Vidya Sury said...

I drooled at all the cars - vintage looks gorgeous always. You know, in India, the Parsi community is best known for maintaining their vintage cars beautifully. Your pictures are beautiful!

Especially love Herbie! :D

What a joy it is to see your Sunday posts. And your Friday posts. :D

podso said...

How fun! Nothing like a car show. They do such beauty work on these old cars ... and are proud of their job and should be!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

What a fun car show. I want to drive Herbie...or any of the others.

xoRobyn

Claudya Martinez said...

All I know is that those cars are lovely to look at.

I can't find my blog said...

I wish there was anything in Southern California that resembled a street fair. *sigh*

Just checking in on your trip. Looks like fun!