Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Flags Over My City

.

The other day someone asked me how I got the ideas for my SIMC posts.

Good question.

I think usually I get the ideas when something in our fair city catches my eye and I just KNOW I want to share it with you.


The other day as I headed to my friend's house, this beautiful flag flying in front of the Electric and Water Company caught my bloggy eye.

I got out of my car to snap and shoot, then I began to look for OTHER flags flying over my city.

Here is what I found:






Are there flags flying over your city too?


Joining Unknown Mami
For Sundays in my City.

My city is Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

.

14 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

Beautiful flowerpots (?) on that bridge!

Wayne W Smith said...

Nice set of pictures Keetha. Nice to see Old Glory being respected like that.

Actingbalanced said...

Great shots - we definitely have flags flying all over Charleston!

retired not tired said...

What a fantastic idea! Keep thinking outside the box!

Unknown said...

Nice shots. You really do come up with some great posts. Plenty of flags here in Norfolk.

Tara R. said...

The bridge shot with all the flags and flowers is lovely. I really like this set.

Vidya Sury said...

I like how you get your ideas (and it is good to see you!) Love your city! In fact, this week, I almost posted a series of photos, but decided I could make it better and dropped the idea. Thank you! Always fun to come here.

Tami said...

The flowers on the bridge are really cool looking. Especially with the flags. We have a flag hanging off our front porch. I have always had a flag in honor of my grandfather who served in the Navy during WWII.

Unknown said...

I love all of the flags flying over your city. It isn't often that a flag is flown in our neighbourhood unless it is to celebrate a sporting event. We try to remember to tie a flag to our balcony for Australia Day in January.

Anonymous said...

In Finland we are flagging only on special days, not every day.
Our flag is half-masted when somebody dies at work, in apartment house etc.
Do you have that habit in U.S.?

42N said...

Another great topic for a photo study. The flowers and flags over the water makes a nice shot.

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Talk about perfectly manicured lawns. Yes, we have flags everywhere here too (perhaps because we are a Navy and Marine town) but the one that catches my eye is down the street from me. The house totally looks like the house from the Burbs, flag and everything. Have you seen that movie? It's an old weird movie with Tom Hanks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR3x6Uzm5yY

Claudya Martinez said...

I love your SIMC posts. I think you do a great job with them.

Alyx said...

I love it - I love when people show their pride in and love for their country by flying the American flag. We are blessed to live in such a wonderful country, and I think it's a great way to show our appreciation.