Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

For All You Southern Bloggers Who Have Been Basking in Spring Sunshine For Weeks and Weeks

.

Last evening I went for a little walk.


The sun was shining.
The air was gently warming.


I saw sprouts a sprouting.
And I thought to myself,
Spring is ACTUALLY "sprunging"!
I reveled in the joy of all things new.

Then today happened.


Our roads filled back up with snow.


Our bushes took on a distinctly winter hue.


Our shrubs went back into hibernation.


And Waldo disappeared once again.

And I thought to myself,
At this rate we can just put out
Red and blue streamers for the 4th of July
'Cause the WHITE will already be there!!!

Welcome to spring in Central Wisconsin.

If you don't like this weather - - - -
Wait a day or two and it will change.

Spring IS here.
The calendar says so.
The tilt of Earth on its axis says so.
This IS our SPRING.
This is our spring SNOW.

This too shall pass.


Photo credit: Bulbs sprouting from movingrightalong.typepad.com

.


14 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

I miss the snow, but maybe if I had so much snow and for so long, I might miss the sunshine more...

It looks so pretty, though!

podso said...

Such a funny post. Well not really, but your sense of humor is great. You got me at first. I was focused on the evening shadows in your photos, wondering what time of evening it was *(you know you are farther north than us down here in that sunny south you referred to). Well I was thinking of all that when the snow pic rolled onto the screen. And even then I thought you might be showing a "before" and "after" scene. But no, it was real.

I do remember an Easter towards the end of April when I was a teenager (in Ill.) and we had snow. I think it canceled the sunrise services. You know it will come, or at least summer may come, though as you say, you may skip over spring.

Have a blessed Easter!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!

This would not be a good time to say that our daytime high today was 87. I planted some flowers for an elderly neighbor and the sun was very hot.

Blogging is certainly a way to see the country and the vast differences!

tinajo said...

Haha - you´re right; it sure beats the alternative! :-) I´ll keep that in mind for sure, thanks for your comment! :-)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Yes Keetha,
You have a better sense of humor about it than I do right now.
I feel like getting in my car and driving until I find spring.
Right now I between the Governor and the weather I am not too fond of our state.
Hugs though,
Cindy

Ann in the UP said...

Thanks for the graphic weather report. Our snow from the weekend is disappearing slowly, and I'm praying the whole mess stays south of us. You are bearing up well, though, and it will soon be over, yet again. sigh

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

WOW! Snow! Well, it was a nice little peek at what is to come for you ....and soon I hope!
Beautiful pics!

Unknown said...

It's been in the 90's here. That snow looks refreshing to me right now.

Theresa said...

Oh Keetha, different parts of the Country with different types of weather... we all love our own! I think the snow is pretty but also enjoy the Spring Sunshine without the snow! It will melt soon and Waldo will be visible again:)

Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Keetha said...

Have. Mercy. I cannot even imagine snow at this point.

We've had thunderstorms and lightening since 3 a.m. but highs will be in the mid 80s today.

j said...

I would go into mourning if that happened to us at that point. We are in FULL bloom and our lovely flowers would be toast.

You have a wonderful attitude about the snow Keetha. I love that about you.

Sandy said...

Ok, Keetha.....thanks for the snow pictures....I am so glad that it is in the frozen tundra and not here. No, we just had tons of wild wind and straight down curtains of rain here....the rest of NC got pummeled and it is not pretty....All the beautiful blossoms are gone and leaves have taken hold...
Do you miss NC just a little bit? LOL
Just me in HP, NC

Anita Johnson said...

I'm so tired of our Wisconsin weather this spring...especially looking at all the blog from the south with their flower gardens and sunny weather. Suffering here with you in Wisconsin....will spring ever really come? LOL!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Unbelievable! My brother lives in Milwaukee and is so sick of Winter weather.