Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Dog Ate My Homework!!!

.

Remember that fabled excuse of yore? Well - - - - this was the homework:


I'm sure you can tell IMMEDIATELY that it is a model of translation (also known as protein synthesis) made of pipe cleaners, twizzlers and other colorful candies.


And this is the boy who went to the movies with his father leaving the DOG loose in the house to EAT those candies while they were gone.

Oh dear - - - they ran all over town to buy more supplies and REDO the entire project. (Except they couldn't FIND pipe cleaners because they were too literal and never thought to look in the CRAFT aisle)

Sorry - - - no picture of the DOG available!

.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

That's a good one.
They should've gone to a smoke shoppe for the pipe cleaners then, right?! Too funny.

Keetha Broyles said...

They went to the SMOKING section, but not sure if they were at Wally World or where. Bless the dad's heart - - - he e-mailed me because he was afraid I wouldn't BELIEVE the proverbial excuse.

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

That is a classic! Great lesson idea with candy and all too--reminds me of my days as a first grade teacher. We ate a lot of math problems :)

lucky to be me said...

I am impressed by the homework! How creative and cute! I love that they didnt know where to go for pipe cleaner. I once asked my hubby to get my twin set - he thought I meant sheets!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Dogs will eat just about anything. Our dog Dion would eat a Jeep, if he had opposeable thumbs and a pair of tin snips.

Cass

Dustin and Kayla said...

hahaha that's funny:)

Keri said...

The dog ATE the pipe cleaners?!?! OUCH

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Likely excuse.

Oh, I kid. Poor kid! Glad he has an understanding and sympathetic teacher. You are a good one!

Shannon said...

Now, were you really surprised at that one?

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Shannon - - - what DID surprise me was I actually do think the dog ate the homework. That was the FUNNY part.