Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Date With Mr. Days

.

Having learned my lesson with my sudden and brief marriage to Mr. Marriott a few weeks ago, I decided that a longer courtship period would be in order THIS time.

Enter Mr. Days.


Before I go any further, let me tell you about Mr. Days strong points.

1) He offers free WiFi. If you have followed this blog for any length of time, you know that is of utmost importance to me in my hotel relationships. Granted, the WiFi won't work IN MY ROOM for some reason, but that's OK - - - here I sit blogging away in the breakfast nook and that works. (Dedicated blogger, that's me.)

2) Mr. Days' staff has been kinder than kind. Ask my cousin Brent about that one - - -

3) Mr. Days has given us VERY reasonable rates.

4) I forgot my toothbrush and Mr. Days kindly gave me one.

5) There was a free carb-rich continental breakfast.

6) Mr. Days is hosting all our family members, and the reminiscing we are doing is priceless.


Now, moving right along.

Mr. Days offers a walk-in closet in each room:


You walk in, and you are in the closet!!!!

Notice the proximity to the sink vanity. I mean, that tiny little thing in the picture with the sink in the middle - - - that is the vanity, so I'm using that term rather loosly.


Said vanity is missing it's front piece of trim, the kleenex compartment is cooked (drives my OCD tendancies crazy) and there is literally no room to unpack one's toiletry items.

Also, please notice the very old and very outdated strand of artificial posies adorning the mirror. Nice.


And these are our two double beds - - - semi comfortable.

Now for Mr. Days' piece de resistance:


This is really stressing my claustrophobia!!!!!

And to think - - - - I COULD have been enjoying a little visit with Mr. Grandstay - - -

.

11 comments:

KBeau said...

Never heard of Grandstay, but that looks nice. Had a night with Mr. Days recently. Not planned. On our return from France our flight from JFK to Atlanta was delayed by weather, and we arrived in Atlanta at 1:30 a.m. Much late to catch that last flight to Birmingham that we were booked on.

Delta kindly gave us $40 off a "night" at the nearby Days Inn. Even at that the room cost us over $50. Of course, we were there all of about 4 hours. Wouldn't have wanted to stay much longer. They badly need to redecorate, but the breakfast was not bad.

Dustin and Kayla said...

That's alot of green shirts hanging up :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great tour!

Kim and Mike said...

Hmmm....we all just stayed in a Days for my cousin's wedding. Our walk-in-closet was a little bigger and the vanity was in the bathroom. However, it did need redecorating and they called my dad a liar!!! When mom confronted them face-to-face, they said they didn't mean DAD was a liar, they were talking about the guy from hotwire who got us the rooms. :)

groovyoldlady said...

I've met Mr. Days before. Of late, however, I've been rather enamored with ole Carrot Top. Nice place, good service, decent prices.

Don't know about the wi-fi because I never take a computer traveling with me.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Great tour Keetha!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh, I HOPE you read enough to realize I didn't LIKE the place - - -

Julie said...

This post cracked me up! At least you had free wi-fi.

The posies...Love them...ha ha! Really adds a touch of class to Mr. Days!

And just think-you're walk-in closet was so big you had a bathroom, shower, and beds in it. See, it's all about perspective. :)

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Julie!!!! I think you may POSSIBLY be the ONLY one who "got" this post - - - all those other commenters saying, "Thanks for the tour." Oh my - - - it wasn't intended to be a "tour" in the traditional sense of the word, it was intended to be a bloggy whine!!!!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

You are CRACKING ME UP! "You walk in, and you are in the closet!" Hahahahaha!

If it makes you feel any better, for our big vacation that we just returned from, we cashed in pretty much all of our frequent flyer miles to get rooms that looked out on to brick walls, and were, well, awful. Alas. But in Vegas we upgraded after pleaing our case..."Please...we've looked out at brick walls for over a week...Please help us..." And they did!

Keetha Broyles said...

I've never been to Vegas, but I've HEARD that the rooms and food are rather reasonable because they make their real money off the gambling - - - is that true?