Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, July 20, 2012

We are Less Fragmented For Having Had a Vacation - But I'm Fraggin' Anyway

.

Today is the last day of our two week vacation. So, I'm filling up this Friday Fragment episode with bits and pieces of our two weeks luxuriating in the northwoods. If you've been following our vacation escapades, you may see a repeat picture or two - - - I'll try to change up the words just a bit in the hopes of keeping you interested!

Enjoy.

* * * * * * * * * * * *


We need to fill our senses with enough of the water and the eagles and the loons


And the sunsets - - - oh what sunsets - - - to last our souls until next July when we again return for two weeks.

You may think it boring to return to the same exact spot year after year for vacation.

We find it gorgeous.

* * * * * * * * * * * *


Captured in an unexpected reflection with Eloise
(pronounced E-Lois.
)


* * * * * * * * * * * *


I took this picture with the setting sun at the wrong angle, so the quality is poor. Howsomuchever, I think you can see this lovely little cabin tucked up on a bank above Gull Lake right in the heart of the northwoods.

A few years ago it was for sale. Fisherhubby and I walked all around it, peering in the windows of the main A-frame cabin AND the garage/GUEST HOUSE in the back.

We drooled. We wished. We planned. We plotted.

All to no avail. Sigh.

I console myself that RENTING saves a multitude of the headaches of owning.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Fisherhubby, besides being all sweaty from the nearly 100 degree temps that day, is quite sure you cannot see him when he wears his camo sunglasses. So, I guess we don't need to worry about how sweaty he was in the picture 'cause you'll never see it to know.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


This is Fisherhubby's favorite vacation pose.

Captain of his own ship.

Master of his own destiny.


And when embarking on his own destiny with his trolling motor powering his way, he controls it with this little remote.

I'd like to have a remote to steer my own destiny.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


This is what a northwoods pizza parlor looks like.

We didn't eat there, but we sat across the way for a few minutes waiting for our friends and the aroma wafting our direction was nearly irresistible.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Earlier this week I reported that Fisherhubby STOLE and HID this puzzle piece - see the gap on the side of the little red shed???

Well, fair's fair - - - he put it in the puzzle late Wednesday night even before I finished all those boring sky pieces.

I think he took pity on me 'cause I was feeling rather pitiful last evening.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Wisconsin is all about cheese, and milk, and butter, and ice cream, and


Happy cows like these, and DON'T YOU FORGET IT, CALIFORNIA!!!!


* * * * * * * * * * * *


We know this as "the Johnson Place." The Johnsons who built it are cousins of ours.

It is for sale - - - at what is a fairly reasonable price for a lake front property.

More dreams.

* * * * * * * * * * * *


Our Aunt and Uncle built this little unassuming cabin with the help of our dad and several other of the siblings.

Sister Pam and I grew up going here for vacation every summer, vacations paid for by the work our dad put in on the building of it.

It isn't for sale, another Aunt and Uncle live there still.

We've got ROOTS on this lake I tell ya.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


We rent "our" cabin from Terry. (This is not it, but hang on - - - I'm getting there.)

A few years ago Terry owned a whole resort on the site of this brand spanking new "garage" with cabin quarters above. I guess the owners plan to build a LARGE HOUSE later, just as a cabin, you understand. We don't quite understand WHY they need a bigger cabin - - - this is already ginormous compared to "our" little cabin.

Do you see the smaller structure behind and closer to the lake???


This little cabin is being built this week while we are here.

I guessed it was the guest quarters for, you know, the in-laws when they visit.

Nope - - - Landlord Terry, who seems to know all things Gull Lake - - - says it is just a PLAY HOUSE for the kids.

Play house for the kids!!! Go figure.

* * * * * * * * * * * *


Meet Wendy. She and her hubby Larry own and operate The Hayward Fly Fishing Company. Fisherhubby has been "haunting" that shop for years, befriending Larry and Wendy.

Tonight - - - for the first time in all these years - - - I ran into Larry and Wendy together. While I have chatted with Larry from time to time over the years, I had never had the opportunity to do so with Wendy.

Low and behold, while chatting tonight we accidentally stumbled onto the fact that we grew up at the same time in this little town and Wendy was in fact a childhood friend of and in the same class with Sister Pam!!!!

GET OUT!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * *


My 14 year old hubby (come on, admit it, you can SEE the 14-year-oldness OOOOOZING out of him) thought he was going out in PUBLIC dressed like this today, regular army camo on the shorts and fishouflage on the shirt.

I told him his camos clashed.

He said, "huh-uh!"

I said he looked like he was in his PJs.

He said he didn't care.

I said either change the shirt or the shorts.

He changed the shirt - - - for a blue one.

I let him go out in public like that

You can only do so much with a 14 year old.

* * * * * * * * * * * *


Now please hurry over to Mrs 4444's place
and see all the Friday Fragments!

.

10 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation! Have a good couple of days, then back to reality! :)

nancygrayce said...

What a beautiful place to vaca! I love it and oh, to have a remote for our destiny! Sigh.....I needed it long, long ago!

I love the camo sunglasses! I need to find the Superhero some. And I don't know why you wouldn't let him go out in his camo outfit! :)

Sad saying goodbye to vacations but there's always next year!

Unknown said...

I am glad to read that no UFOs were sighted. Although fisherhubby in the last pic would have scared them away, I think.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Nothing better than a two week vacation. Sorry it is coming to an end but it all looks so lovely and a perfect getaway!

Wayne W Smith said...

Looks like a great vacation (with the exception is mice sightings)! Great pictures!

Keri said...

It's already been two weeks?!

Why were you feeling pitiful????

Claudya Martinez said...

Nothing about your vacation spot seems boring. I can totally see why you would want to return to it yearly.

Pam said...

Are u sure FH hasn't been watching Duck Dynasty? The men go around dressed in garbled camo all of the time. If he starts growing a beard and long hair, he has become a closet fan!

"GB" said...

What a wonderful time you are having, the lake and sunsets are beautiful.

Erin said...

I'm leaving a fragmented comment...I need to visit the northwoods. Looks wonderful! I'm so glad the puzzle piece was returned! The little cabin play house is so cool! Can big kids play too? That is cool that your lake history goes back to your childhood. And last but not least, WHY is Fisherhubby making that face?!!!