Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Seven Fragments For Friday the Twenty-Seventh

.
When I was on vacation I made multiple posts per day, but since returning home I'm pretty much postless. Thank goodness for Mrs. 4444 and her weekly fragmented party which has inspired me to scrape together some crumbs to share.

* * * * * * * * * * * *


How cute are these little party napkins? The flip-flop part is me to a "T" - - - but the other is just wishful thinking I'm afraid.

* * * * * * * * * * * *


My friend Eloise (pronounced E-Lois) gave me a little wooden village for above my doors. She has a village at her house that is very similar to this and she KNEW I'd been coveting it for a long time.

She happened on these at a garage sale.


Now we both have our own set, and I'm happy as a clam at high tide.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Evidently Fisherhubby got tired of his phone charger cord (I THINK that's his phone charger, it's SOME I-charger anyway) falling down to the floor when he wasn't using it, so - - -


He came up with this little invention to hold the cord in place. It's a large paper clippy thing clipped onto the hinge of his bedside table.

Sometimes he's pretty clever for a 14 year old.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Once upon a time SOMEONE in this house spilled HIS coffee onto the carpet.

SOMEONE cleaned it up with carpet cleaner, and for a while it LOOKED clean.

But - - - IT'S BACK!!!

I cleaned it away tonight, but how long it will stay gone I cannot say.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


I brought home just a few little decor pieces from my northwoods shopping adventures. The first is this Loon Family S & P set. it's hard to see, but there is a tiny baby on mama's back, or is that papa?


I found this dragonfly pottery mug in one of my favorite shops. I knew we NEEDED it to remember all the dragonfly love on the boat deck.


This is an antique teacup and saucer. It is so fine and thin it is translucent.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Since I'm pretty much incapable of GROWING flowers and keeping them alive (which is no easy task in a drought anyway) I found an old watering can and filled it with flowers and butterflies that can't die.

At least they can't die of natural causes.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Tomorrow I'm hosting a few of my high school girlfriends for a little gab fest. I'm excited for this opportunity to use my party plate snack sets.


On the menu will be fresh fruit, chicken salad pastry tarts, cheese curds, eclairs, and sparkling cran-apple juice.

* * * * * * * * * * * *


Now please hurry over to Mrs 4444's place
and see all the Friday Fragments!

.

16 comments:

Actingbalanced said...

Love your new dragonfly mug!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Love your snack plates ...and great idea with the flowers in the watering can! :-)

Wayne W Smith said...

Those napkins are quite fun!

Pam said...

I didn't think you had run into many HS girlfriends, so who's coming to your party? Wait, don't tell me: post pictures and see if I can tell you!

Unknown said...

That dragonfly mug is the bomb and I love Fisherhubbys ingenuity! Have lots of fun today with you snack set party!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm a fan of Dragonflies and your mug is gorgeous!! Love the napkins, too cute! I think you have a wonderful collection of snack plates, they do make a luncheon special!! Hugs, Linda

Bill Lisleman said...

I like the paper clip, too cute.

Ok, I thought I might just leave that as my whole comment but I don't always mean to be sarcastic. It is actually a good idea.
Good thing you don't live in earthquake areas because I would not want that village falling on my head.

Doreen McGettigan said...

I love all of your treasures and I really wish I went to school with you the menu sounds SO good!! Have a Blessed weekend!!

Ann in the UP said...

What great fragments! Fisher Hubby's storage unit is pretty clever! I had to make a plan for all my cords and chargers. Keep the Nook and nook charger in one drawer, phone chargers in another, etc.

Like your village---I know how you were coveting Eloise's village. And I really like your pretty snack plates. I agree that your menu sounds yummy! Have a great time!

Keri said...

I hate to burst his bubble but DAD GOT THAT IDEA ON PINTEREST!!!! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the napkins, pretty dragonfly mug and I adore the little houses above the doors!

Claudya Martinez said...

I love Fisherhubby's invention.

Kranky Granny said...

I have been a fan of clear glass dishes for eons. I love your selection for the get-together.

I just might have to copy your water can idea. While I still have plants living thanks to a huge water bill I do have a perfect place in out front in need of some color that is not right for growing things.

Unknown said...

I am not INVITED to the party? I am miffed. Seriously I like your fragments, all of them. My favorite is the first one. Too sexy for your flip flops, eh? My mama uses the term thongs for her flip flops. It's rather disconcerting to the older grandchildren who see this word on her packing list for a beach vacation. Grandma, why are you packing thongs?

Vidya Sury said...

What fun to see your Friday posts! Very charming. The flip flops are seriously cute. I want to paint some.

And I am taking away the paperclip idea. Thanks! :D

Erin said...

Those flowers are the only ones to try to "grow" this year! Very smart. And I love the doorway village. Sweet!