Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday In Hayward, Northwoods Vacation Destination

.

This is Main Street USA.

This is downtown in the Northwoods Vacation Village of our choice.

Hayward, Wisconsin, USA


I think of it as the Northwoods Gatlinburg.

Northwoods "log cabin" is a la mode.


Quaint and ornamented balconies shade the walks.


Beautiful old buildings
Find new life as shoppes.


Gorgeous floral hanging baskets
And shaded outdoor seating abound.


Gourmet patio dining is available for the hungry.


Where else could one find giant fishing lures?


All this and America's Dairyland, natural lakes, and plentiful wildlife at your very own door.

(Sometimes the wildlife is even inside your very own door.)



Joining Unknown Mami
For Sundays in my City.

My city today is Hayward, Wisconsin

.

11 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Looks like your having a great time and some interesting visitors to boot~
Cute post, enjoy the rest of your vacation dearie!
Hugs,
Cindy

Actingbalanced said...

What a neat little town! Love the giant lures!

Tara R. said...

Having grown up around Gatlinburg, I can say that Haywood has some of the same rustic charm. Hope you all had a wonderful vacation.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The town looks so cute. I haven't been to Hayward in like 35 years!
I love Wisconsin.

podso said...

Wonderingnifmtheremis a week 2 coming. Re.the mousie, what came to mind is "'til death do us part." sad isn't it?

You cation town looks a lot like some here in the NC mountains. too bed you can't eat door through a blog, by the way.

Unknown said...

I had no idea of the beauty of the northern states such as Wisconsin.

Unknown said...

Hooray for holiday time. It looks like there are plenty of ways to stay 'busy' as you holiday. Enjoy.

42N said...

Where's the big Muskie photo from Hayward? Its a classic and much better than those dragonflies doing their thing.

Stacy said...

How cute is that town! Looks like you're having a great vacation. :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

We have a Hayward in CA too. Yours is much nicer. The lake shots above, though, really do look a lot like scenes in my neighborhood (as you mentioned).

Be well, Keetha.
xoRobyn

Claudya Martinez said...

I love it! Now I know where to go if I'm ever in the market for giant lures.