Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Reunion In My City

.

Forty years ago today I was in Africa on the adventure of my life.

Just a little over a month before that, I had graduated from this institution:


Good old Lincoln High School in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.

Sadly, there is now a NEW Lincoln in this town, though I doubt it educates its students any better nor provides more memories than did this, our beloved Alma Mater.

This weekend those of us, who could, from the LHS Class of '72 gathered in to celebrate our friendships and remember.


Yours Truly, Barb, Cindy, Claudia

We started our weekend celebrations Friday afternoon at my house with a gathering of four of the "girls."


Friday night there was a meet and greet event.


Memories were shared. There was laughter. There was catching up.

I must confess I didn't know very many faces in the crowd.

I also wondered how all of THEM got so old while I am still so young. HA! (No, I DON'T mean this particular couple, they look nice and young to me.)

When did this happen? How can it be that high school is 40 years behind us?


Cindy, Claudia, Perry, Moi, Barbie

Saturday morning the old "group" met for brunch.



Cindy and Barb went to yet another reunion event on Saturday night.

I guess I'm old after all, for I was about partied out and stayed home. Hmmmmm I wonder what excitement happened that I missed.

So, to all you young whipper snappers out there I say: Don't blink! Your 40th will be upon you before you know it!


Joining Unknown Mami
For Sundays in my City.

My city is Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

What a busy weekend, it sounds like you had a great time. I am now off to read about your African Adventure :-)

Tara R. said...

When my daughter was in high school, the choir went to China. How cool would it be for her to have a similar reunion 40 years later. Looks like everyone had a great time renewing friendships. You all look fabulous!

Wayne W Smith said...

That looked like a lot of fun was had.

Buttercup said...

Just did my 40th college reunion. Great weekend, but it's amazing to think forty years have flown by.

Vidya Sury said...

Wow! What fun! I finished my tenth grade in 1978 - and am in touch with many of my classmates. Fabulous feeling. I remember, during a trip in Dec 2011, when I met a couple of classmates, we looked at each other and in our mind's eye, could only remember how we looked when we first met - and that was amazing. We marveled at how our kids were growing up so quickly.

Solid heart-warmer, Keetha!

Charlotte said...

My 40th was last year but I didn't attend. I still see several classmates around town.

Unknown said...

I missed my 30th reunion. 40? Yikes. You do look young, though. Just sayin'.

42N said...

I know you are paving the way with the 40th but mine will be here way too soon. Perhaps time travel will be invented in a few years and I can delay the 40th.

Ann in the UP said...

Looks like you had fun with your old friends, (like I told you you would!)

On Friday night GG and I went to Iron River for supper with a bunch of our HS classmates, too. There's no doubt about it, we were the geezers in the restaurant. But we all turned our hearing aids up so we could visit. HeeHee.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That doesn't look like a group of folks who graduated high school 40 years ago. None of you aged much! It is scary what happens when we blink.

Be well, Keetha.
xoRobyn

Pam said...

If you get the chance, please tell Perry that Mad Dog says that black purse just doesn't go with his navy shirt!

Pam said...

Ah but the black purse would've nicely complimented your ruffled shirt.

Kranky Granny said...

I'm delight that you are still in touch with classmates. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

My graduating glass has had at least four reunions that I knew about but I did not attend any of them. I only attended that school for one year and barely knew any of the students. The first one I was in the hospital and couldn't go. I signed up to attend our 40th reunion then learned that of the three people I was close to only one was still alive and they lived out of the country. Seem useless to go after that. Our 50th will be in 2014 and I have changed names and moved so I don't expect they will find me and the is okay with me.

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting older and better.
Neal Schon

Unknown said...

This coming Saturday, a group of 30 of us will be observing our 49th anniversary of our high school graduation!

Anonymous said...

Keetha looks like a fantasic time. How wonderful for you.

podso said...

Isn't it amazing how our old friends just keep getting older-looking and we don't?

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Tim does seriously fly. In 2 years will be my 20th reunion and I seriously CANNOT believe it. Not because I don't want to be old but it all seems like yesterday. Your "old group" looks like a lot of fun, I'm sure it was great to talk about old memories.

Claudya Martinez said...

It is crazy how quickly it all goes by. Looks like you all had a blast.