Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, July 6, 2012

One Frag, Two Frag, Three Frag, Four!

.

The weeks of our lives spin ever faster and faster forward. Time marches relentlessly on. One FF runs right into the next.

Stop the madness!

Slow down long enough to enjoy a frag or two. They may be akin to stopping to smell the roses.

;-)


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Tomorrow we head out for two weeks of stopping the madness.

We will arise each morning to the looking glass stillness of mist enshrouded waters.


The sun will rise and set over this vista spread before our eyes.

We'll hear the calls of the wild loon and the raspy sandhill crane.

Fisherhubby will soak an artificial lure or two.

I will complete multiple jigsaw puzzles and read to my heart's content.



We shall soak up the peace, the quiet, and the beauty.

Then we'll come back for more spins on the wheel of madness.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


This was my Easter Lily of 2011.

When it was finished blooming last spring, I took it outside, dug a nice little hole for its roots, planted it in the hole and said,

"Little Lily, you are on your own. I am giving you this ONE chance to survive. I shall neither toil nor spin for you. But if you can make it on your own, you will have this lovely little spot in which to live."

Little Miss Lily decided to thrive.


* * * * * * * * * * * *



Sister Pam and B-I-L Joe spent several weeks in Sitka, Alaska with their "kids."

When they were all packed and ready to fly home, Carson decided to "help" her Grandpa REpack - - - - right AFTER she unpacked him.


* * * * * * * * * * * *



Another surprise arrived on my doorstep this week!

How KEY-UTE are these?


I couldn't stand to put them away where they wouldn't be seen - - -


So I lined them right up between my new S&P's on the dressing table turned dining room buffet.

They came from Fort Myers, Florida and my M-I-L Robin who has a GIFT for finding just the right things for the people she loves.

Aren't I glad I'm one of those! (The people she loves.)


* * * * * * * * * * * *


This isn't really a fragment - - - this is just extra and "free."

My little friends, Brunhilda and Borris, roused themselves from a year long hibernation just in time to make a new post on their blog. Perhaps you missed it?


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Now please hurry over to Mrs 4444's place
and see all the Friday Fragments!

.

16 comments:

kyooty said...

Happy Summer! :) Happy belated 4th of July. I LOVE the corn holders so very very kyoot.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Love the lily. My husband is a pastor (without a church), but each spring he tells me how he'd replant the church lillies all around the parsonage...

nancygrayce said...

Oh, what a lovely get a way! Looks so peaceful! I think when plants know it's every man for himself they do better.......and I love the corn holders, and like how you displayed them with those S&P shakers!! You are just so smart!!!

Have fun!

Theresa said...

Enjoy your trip! Looks like it is gonna be a beautiful getaway! Love the corn holders! Have a blessed day and a safe trip! HUGS!

Ann in the UP said...

Honey chile, I think your black thumb is turning green. Your lily is magnificent!

And I love your "through the day" pictures of life at the cabin on vacation. Very soothing indeed. I hope it isn't as hot at the lake as it is here in town!

Cheryl said...

Can I stowaway in your suitcase, pretty please? I would love just a day of total stillness. I LOVE those corn holders! I hope you have a blissful two weeks... can't wait to read about it when you return!

LV said...

Keetha, a perfect way to relax in the peaceful and quiet surroundings after a visit from the grans. Enjoy your time and be safe. I am sure your fisherman would like the lamp I shared on VTT.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Enjoy your vacation! Read lots of books and rest!! Love those cute little corn holders...gosh your MIL does find you the best stuff! Hugs, LInda

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Beautiful pictures.

There's something really cool about receiving a small but very thoughtful gift. Those are cool corn holders. I'm one of those weirdos that probably would not use them. Or maybe that's common. Would it ruin them to use them?

Happy Friday Keetha!

Rebecca Jo said...

OH MY WORD - those corn on the cob holders are ADORABLE!!!!!

My grandma used to collect salt & pepper shakers & I used to spent hours looking at them over & over & over

Reading & puzzles.. you're speaking to my soul now! :)

Kay said...

Oh wow, I love your heading photo!! That is amazing!

Your lake pictures look very peaceful and that is about how we feel after being in the van for a while.

Yea, I know just how nice it was for the youngster to 'help' with the packing. I like to avoid having 'help' with clothing in general :-)

Kay said...

Oh, I really want those flip flop corn holders!! That just rocks!!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Those corn cob holders are the cutest!

Sounds like you're going to have 2 weeks of bliss! The only thing I'd add is my quilt. ;-) Enjoy your respite.

Kranky Granny said...

If it were not for bloggers I would never get to see the world. Thanks for taking me along on your trip. I'll be looking for more excursions from our tour guide.

Stacy said...

Your escape sounds wonderful! To sit by a lake and read to my heart's content? Sigh....

Anita Johnson said...

Hi Keetha!
Why am I up writing comments at 2:00AM? Pouring rain with thunder! Bugsy's a wreck, so I finally got up and held him and decided to check the computer. i hope you are getting rain at home too. Your vacation photos and comments are a hoot...sorry about the mice...we had bats once in a cabin up north. Yuck. Now I am craving a mushroom Swiss buger...everything looks delicious! Have fun!