Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A River Runs Through It

.

This is our little ole campin' site down here on Grandpa's Farm.

We're here for a family reunion later this afternoon, and that big fancier rig you see right behind our honkin' pick up truck with the massive gator is my cousin and her hubby. No - - - my COUSIN isn't the massive gator, that would be the large magnetic sticker on hubbys 4X4 - - - how do you spell REDNECK????


This is our little river edge homestead - - - yes, there is a river running through it just beyond the hedge row behind our camper.

We SHOULD have an awning out front, and WOULD have if someone was SMART enough to TAKE IT DOWN during a tornado, but since SOMEONE wasn't that smart, and was just fearing for her LIFE at that moment - - - the awning was blown to kingdom come and has not yet been replaced.

So - - - in true redneck style, we just clip the lights to the camper itself, look closely and you'll see just how classy we really are.

Oh, if that is not classy enough for you, how do you like our red "gray water" recepitacle???? We are all that is high and snobbish, that's what we are!!!


Here you see our great room. Do you notice what is lined up on the picnic table?? Oh yes, that would be two million fishing poles because that is how many ONE MAN needs for a few hours here and there of soaking an artificial bait in the river. Yes sirreebob - - - he NEEDS that many.


And the REASON he can only spend a few hours soaking those artifical lures is because he already spent a few hours getting the stuff all organized, tied, catalogued, and compiled. Yes he most certainly did.

And just so you know - - - all those bags of things beyond him??? Oh yes - - - fishing "stuff." All of it. Every single bit.


And because we are THOSE CLASSY people, he did this tying and organizing right on the tailgate of honkin' big massive 4X4. He started with a few little bits and pieces - - -


And added them to a few more bits and pieces. (Notice his bottle of prescription antinausea medication in one of his tackle boxes)

What ever happened to plain old worms?????

I'll be back later with more camping updates - - - I'm SURE you are on the edges of your SEATS!!!

.

14 comments:

Schotzy said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I grew up camping but my hubby hates it!!! BAH!!!! Have a real blast and I'm sitting out anxiously awaiting more stories and fotos!!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I thought I noticed colored lights shining through the fabric in the picture you posted last night of your husband sleeping. NOW I see what it was!

I used to have a fisherman boyfriend. He had miles of fishing stuff, too.

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy your reunion and your little river and the gator and the family and there is going to be a campfire isn't there? Well, enjoy :)

Jessica Morris said...

I can't wait til my boys are a bit older and we can take them camping!!
That looks like a lot of fun :)

And you narrative on all the fishing gear made me laugh :)

Hope the family reunion is fun!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a great set up, I really like your spot. Can you hear the water at night? Is the weather nice?

LV said...

It looks you are in for a busy weekend. Will be looking forward to hearing all about it next week. Have fun. And, I am sure you are the best looking one at the reunion

ClassyChassy said...

That looks like fun - I have not been camping in about 3 yrs now! We used to go horse camping - rustic style, and it was so much fun to trail ride all weekend! We'd be so exhausted when we finally got home, but what a refreshing time we would have!

Lynn said...

Looks like fun to me!
And brings back fantastic memories.
Have a wonderful time!

Jay & Tammy Tropf said...

This looks like SO much fun! Perhaps your awning got blown off at the infamous FAIRMOUNT camp? I actually recall a couple times you were stuck in that thing during a storm!!! Miss you

Keetha Broyles said...

Yep Tammy, it happened at Fairmount while I was cowering in the girl's RR waiting for it to pass - - - it passed, and took my awning with it!!!!

kyooty said...

I couldn't do it, I'd be in a hotel! I have a hard enough time with my family's cottage. Gray water is the only water there for flushing and showering. Love the lights though

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

charming! Hope he catches supper!

Julie said...

Keetha-Yes, I'm back and trying to catch up on your posts! Now, if miss grumpypants Bella will cooperate I may even post something on my own abandoned blog! By the way things are sounding around here right now that may have to wait till tom-SOON I promise! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Julie - - - don't you worry your little head over it - - - I'll check in and read your post WHENEVER you post it!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

This scene is sooooo familiar Keetha! It plays out on our camping trips too!!!