Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sunday Reruns - Fireside Chat

.


I get sooooo excited about our bloggy Sunday reruns!!! Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting Sunday Favorites.

Fall Fireside Chat
(First published October 30, 2006)

Crisp leaves under foot, nip in the air, plump pumpkins, apple cider, and football!!!!

Makes me want to settle in with a cozy fire and chew the fat with you. Come on in and join me for a fireside chat - - - -

(Which actually means I chat - you read.)

Tonight while Korie, our youngest daughter, gave Keri, our oldest daughter, a hair cut, we decided to use a clothes basket as a make shift barricade to keep our grandson, Mackinley out of "our hair". (Pun intended.)


Seemed a good idea to us at the time - - - - - wonder what Mackinley thought?


"They've GOT to be kidding if they think this little thing will hinder my progress - - - - - I'll just climb over!!"


"Hey, wait a minute!! This isn't fun any more!!!!! Papoo, PLEASE get me out of here!!!"

To end my fireside chat tonight, I have just a few words to say about the Dyson which was featured in my previous post. (New addition by way of explanation: Hubby had just purchased a Dyson vacuum cleaner and I had in a previous post expressed how foolish I thought that was as we already had a perfectly good vacuum.)

First of all, it was not my intention to stir up a hotbed of comment controversy with that post, appears I did that completely inadvertently.

Secondly, neither was it my intention to give Dyson free advertising - - - also done completely inadvertently.

Here's my "take"on the whole Dyson thing - - - - a Dyson works fine. Just as fine as any other vacuum we've ever had; no better, no worse. HOWEVER, it also comes with more than double the price tag of any other vacuum cleaner we've ever had. You want a high priced vacuum, go buy yourself a Dyson. They come in several color coded expensive varieties

I believe Greg loves his Dyson because it came with some fun technology, AND he was convinced of its greatness by TV ads long before he ever tried it on a carpet. (I won't BORE you here with the list of all the other silly things he has purchased as a result of TV ads)

Whatever the case - - - - - he certainly loves his Dyson and here are some pictures of his Sunday evening exploits with it . (AFTER the Colts game, of course!!)


Cleaning hair cut "drippings" off of Joshua's sweat shirt.


Attempting to "remove" Korie from the kitchen. ;-)

.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh.... I just realized... no fires in the fireplace for a good long time. I just love sitting by the fire in a warm, cozy home. Nothing quite like it, is there?

Thanks for the repost, I hadn't known about the Dyson scandal. We just got a vacuum a couple of months ago and it wasn't a Dyson. Not they HE didn't want one. I think you're right. I think they appeal to men as well.

Smaller price tag appeals to me..

Carrie said...

I've wondered about how superior Dyson really was...the announcer sounds so sure of himself!

janet said...

Hi keetha, how you doing? Love your fireplace chat. I thought your Dyson info was interesting, i just bought a 69 dollar Bissel...lol the one that is bagless, which is great because i see all the crud going into the cannister so i feel as though im actually sucking the rugs clean. Thanks for stopping by to see my tv nook makeover. Like you, i also liked the tv hutch thingy, but in our narrow room it was dark and overpowering. Hope you are having a good weekend.
hugs
janet

Chandy said...

That is so funny! A Dyson fan he is alright! LOL Love the last photo!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Keetha,
You have an adorable darling grandson!!! My mom has a dyson and I think they got it because of the ads too! Where are you camping? Have a great time, Cindy

kyooty said...

hehe this all falls under "more stuff" and the need for "more stuff" by certain people who then build garages to keep their cars in which no longer fit the cars because they have "Stuff" in there so they build baby barns. (we have garage full of stuff, and a baby barn full of stuff). There may be 3 vacuums in there but the one we use? is a used one we got at a pawn shop!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Never underestimate the tenacity of baby power. Curiosity drives them. Oh I wish I had your grandsons energy.
I've had the same canister style vacuum by Kenmore for years and when it died the last time I bought another one exactly like it. Do you think I'm stuck in a rut? L.O.L.

Kristin - The Goat said...

What is it with children and laundry baskets? I think I've gotten at least one photo of all of the children in my life in a laundry basket at some point :)

I bought a new vacuum last year and I have to say, I was drooling over the Dyson. I bought the Kenmore instead. Nearly as pricey, but not quite.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hey Girlfriend...

Girl, I can't believe that you are in the middle of a camping trip and still blogging!!! I think you should get "Blogger of the Year" award...seriously!!! Hehe!!! Nothing like "roughing it" doing a little camping out, eh?

Hmmm...I think your font looks just fine, my friend!!! You sound so much like me though...I do have OCD where lettering and spacing are concern! You know what drives me nuts? Getting the spacing right on these dang posts! I can have it just right while I'm doing the post...and lo and behold, when I go to publish it...the spacing gets all messed up! It really does drive me bonkers!!!

Girl, your little Mackinley is such a handsome little guy! Awwww...poor baby! That laundry basket experience wasn't all that it was cracked up to be! Hehe!

I just bought a new vacuum last month...opted for a cheapy from Walmart! Hehe! I looked at the Dysons...OMG, they are pricey! I'm so glad that you hubby is enjoying it! Does he ever use it on the floors? Hehe!!!

Thanks so much for joining in with Sunday Favorites again, Darlin'! I enjoyed your post! Have fun camping...uhhh, I mean blogging! Hehe!!!

Love ya,
Chari

Dixie said...

we used a laundry basket full of clean folded clothes one night to block our grandson from getting into a cabinet... grandson just crawled right in and made himself a bed... where he took a nice long nap...

and yes... Dyson=expensive... don't have one... got a Hoover... save $200... and it also cleans hair...

Lori E said...

Thought about a Dyson but bought a small country instead. I am now and forever the Queen of this country but you all can visit. Could you bring your vacuum when you come please.
You grandson is so sweet. I can almost hear the protests while he is being lifted out of the basket.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

A good informercial for the co. Hope you get some kickbacks. Smile!