Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

"Tribal Council"

.

Yesterday afternoon was spent at our family reunion here, at the Evan's House on Quaker Hill Conference Center. We have Quaker roots, so this was an appropriate setting for us.

And what a lovely setting. This was another building on the grounds.


Quaker Hill also has picturesque drives.

After an afternoon of gabbing and laughing, we ate supper together.


After supper those of us who are hardy campers (in our pop-ups and trailers) returned to the farm - - - Grandpa's Farm.


Where some special camping delights and treats awaited us.


This is what we called our Tribal Council.


Don't forget the night lights!!!


The neon lights are bright on Broadway.


And here is the campfire - - -


The smoke of which saturated the clothes and hair of those of us who camper camp - - -


Just as much as it does the clothing and hair of those who tent camp - - - making both equal campers, in my humble opinion!!!

.

15 comments:

Trish said...

Looks like a great time...lovin' the lights and hey...where's the S'mores!?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful buildings and property surrounding them. My favorite thing are the Christmas bulbs on your pop-up!

raxx a day in the life said...

What a wonderful outing, the campfire looks very classic!

Beautiful grounds too!

I love family reunions.

Char said...

Looks like your summer is off to a good start.

Hey, why doesn't Greg get to take pictures of YOU doing embarrassing things like sleeping?

Tonja said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! Beautiful buildings and grounds, too.

Lori R. said...

Looks like fun was had by all.. and the authentic fire, now that's nice!! Grab the marshmellows and weinnies...

Sherry said...

Beautiful! Such a beautiful area! This all looks so fun!

xinex said...

Breautiful setting! I bet you all had a nice time!...Christine

Shannon said...

Looks like lots of fun! You guys do a good job!

LV said...

You make me feel like I am right there on the trip with you. So glad all is going well and you are having a great time. Be careful.

Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing! It's cool here tonight and we almost did a fire in our firepit tonight. I actually like the smell in my hair and clothes, well...up to a point. AND today, was our annual Koch Family Picnic at my home. There were just about 50 people here. Nothing like family, I love those gatherings.

Susie's country cottage said...

It looks like you had a good time. I love the camp fire.

Pammerys said...

This gave me a serious deja vu! My family had a pop-up camper when I was younger. We camped every summer along with a couple of other families. Trips to Wisconsin, Colorado, and the mega-trip to California. I remember how much work it was for the moms, and how the guys would sit around the campfire saying "this is really livin'!"

Keetha Broyles said...

Pammerys - - - I USED to feel that way, but then I GAVE UP COOKING while we're camping. I'll pitch in and HELP - - - but if it's all up to me, we go to the nearest Taco Bell!!!!

This trip my cousin, Marilyn, brought all the groceries. Then her hubby did the cooking. All I had to do was help clean up and keep buying the firewood. It was GREAT!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

fun times! LOve the lights