Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, June 22, 2009

It's My Blog I Can Post What I Wanna

.
AKA Father's Day Fun in the Sun


I just posted family pictures on Saturday, and maybe I'm over doing it just a bit showing them again today - - - but hey, it's my blog so I think I can post what I wanna!!!

We spent Father's Day afternoon here:


Not a Florida beach,


But sun, sand, and water none the less.
This is "Little Turtle Beach"
On the Huntington Reservoir.


Greg, Kyle and I arrived first and set up our "stuff." The table was already there, we did NOT drag a heavy concrete table from home - - -


We didn't bring the umbrella base, and since there was no hole in the table to support an umbrella, we did have a few moments of scratching our heads trying to figure out just how to support it.

Greg used his American ingenuity and VOILA - - - a lovely spot of shade to protect us from the burning rays.



After everyone else arrived with their "stuff" in tow - - - this is how our little "oasis" looked.

I was pretty much the guardian of the "stuff" all afternoon. Had you happened by, you would have seen me sitting in that red chair surrounded by our "stuff."

At one point little Kaeleigh came up to me and said: "Kamma, why do you have so much stuff?"

Out of the mouths of babes.

Here's how we spent our afternoon:



WALKING.

There was a long walk between the parking lot
And our "oasis."
Yep - - - we had to walk back and forth
Hauling all that "stuff."
This is Kyle and Greg going after another load.


We had to moor the boats down the beach away
From the swimming zone,
Then we had to walk back and forth.
This is Kelly (of all my infamous Kelly stories)
Cathy, Kelly's girlfriend, and Kyle.


Better picture of Kyle


Here come Papoo and Mackinley
Can you tell how hard Mackinley's little legs are pumping
Just to keep up with Papoo???


Ahhhh - - - that's better Papoo,
Wait for me!!!


SWIMMING

Uncle Kyle supervising Kaeleigh and Mackinley.
Kaeleigh is a little fish
And Mackinley floats well in a life jacket!


Group Swim
Keri, Piper, Papoo, Mackinley, and Kaeleigh


SITTING



All that swimming and walking made us tired.

Piper was worn out
Because naturally, we made HER
Tote all that stuff to and from the cars!


Kaeleigh enjoying a few moments in the shade.


You'd think an emergency room PA would have enough
Sense to rest in the shade, wouldn't you????


DRINKING

All that fun in the sun made us thirsty.


EATING

It made us hungry too!


BOATING

Kelly in his boat.


Kelly and his first mate


Docking


Captain Papoo at the helm of his boat


Piper's first boat ride


Piper and mommy Keri


Papoo's first mate, Mackinley


Kamma and Kaeleigh enjoying the ride

.

27 comments:

Sherry said...

Looks like a FUN day!

Lori R. said...

What a blast! and what a nice watering hole to swim in. Does it have camping too? You have a beautiful family!

p.s. my word verification is "docklent". I always like to try to use it in a sentence. So did you docklent on your day trip?

I can't find my blog said...

Glad you all had fun! Those kids are absolutely yummy!

Keri said...

Lori R - We parked our boats at the "docklent"! :)

What a fun day we had!

Is there some blog rule about not posting family pictures twice in a row? No wonder I have a third of the followers you have since that's ALL my blog is! ha

kyooty said...

What a great day!!! fabulous sun and sand and "surfishness" :)

raxx a day in the life said...

I missed this Saturday so I'm glad I caught it today!! What a beautiful family you have, and the kiddies especially!

Looks like a great day, nice weather and the best way to spend it!!

Anonymous said...

I missed Sat too, so glad for the rerun:) I LOVE time spent the fam, and yours look wonderful!! the pic of Piper drinking with a straw is so adorable!!
My verification word is "pingeat". Pingeat is better than beerpong, HEhe

Lori E said...

Yes you can post what you want. Whenever you want.We will not complain one bit. We will enjoy your lovely family and your nice scenery because we all do the same thing.

Well I don't because my sons told me I'm not allowed to talk about them but the rest of us do so never mind and post what you want.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a splendid summer day.

Lynn said...

Absolutely precious! Yes it's your blog and you can put whatever you want on it! I happen to like my music and I don't care what anyone says it stays! Those who don't want to hear it can simply turn it off!
PS Did you find my post yet? Just below the one you saw!

Shannon said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Piper is just such a cuter baldy! Keetha, great pic of you and Kaeleigh!

Keetha Broyles said...

Thnx, Shannie!!! Keri took the pix of Kaeleigh and moi.

Korie was bald a LONG TIME too - - - so I don't even think about Piper being bald, it just seems normal to me.

She was soooooo good all day - - - out in the heat and the sun. She only cried when I tried to watch her so Keri could "play" or run back up to the van for a load of "stuff."

lifepundit said...

I'm so glad that you put up all those photos -- I feel like I was there with you (I call the chair under the umbrella). Feel like I was on vacation!

Looks like a great day not just for dad. I think you should do it every weekend.

LV said...

You and your family are such a great fun bunch. Those little ones are so very precious. I,also,thought the picture of you and Kaeleigh was very good. Your picture reflects the happy, fun person you are. I do not care what you put on your post cause I know it is just you. Way to go!

Cindy said...

I had fun just looking at the pictures! Fun!

Kristin - The Goat said...

You could talk about your family and show pictures of them every day (as long as you had a good story!!!) because I love seeing it all.

OK, you could just put up pictures with no story and I'd still come by. You have a certain draw :)

abeachcottage said...

looks like a wonderful time and oh my that cutie in the stroller!!!

Sarah

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Great fun, I almost felt like I was there with you.
Molly

j said...

You're darn tootin'! It's your blog you do what you wanna!

Awesome pictures. You look so happy in that last picture. Isn't having family a blessing?

I took my kiddos to the beach yesterday. Keetha, it was such a wonderful day and I didn't have my camera! Isn't that shameful behavior for a blogger?

Keetha Broyles said...

Hehehehehe - - - it IS downright shameful!!!

I keep mine in my purse so it is never far away - - -

Anonymous said...

good support on the umbrellla
not enough pictures of you with the family (were the ones always taking the pictures though hu?)
and yes it is your post and you must post whatever you want and its a way for all of us to know more about each other.
glad you had a nice time!
did your husband wear his princess crown?
hee hee

Brenda Pruitt said...

You know what? Those kiddos have your smile!
Brenda

Amy said...

Looks like you all had a great day!

(BTW, this is Office Amy. Just thought I should check up on you. It's been a while, you know.)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What wonderful family photos. How can Keri look so model like after having a baby not so terribly ago? Wow. It alwatys amazes me how some people have the good genes.
GREAT pics, looks like a fab day. Happy Fathers Day to the raining sleeping beauty.

Keri said...

Oh, Leigh, thank you!! Unfortunately, though, it is NOT my genes. haha! Mom got those awesome genes but did not pass them on to me. I have to work long and hard on my weight. I've been working on it since February and still have a lot to lose. I've been feeling very discouraged this week and your comment perked me up. Thank you! :)

Raise Them Up said...

What a great day of fun! I would have been quite happy sitting there in that red chair just taking it all in.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Keri, You ,ook fabulous dahling! Fabulous! I mean that. And I know what you mean about being discouraged. That has been very much lately. You have nothing to worry about though. You're beautiful!







Oh, geez...and as a funny joke my word verification is of all things PASTA. Seriously?!!
See the Lord does have a sense of humor. Pasta is my downfall and the reason for my discouragment......