Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Injured in the Line of Blogging

.
Do you see this?


Seems when I blog I LEAN
Down on this elbow,
And I've worn my skin right off of it.
It feels like a rug burn!!!

Oh - - - and worse news - - -
My blogman's comp. is lapsed,
And I don't have unblogployment insurance.

Perhaps I've been blogging
Too much since school got out!

But - - - not to fear,
I WILL play through the pain - - -
I will continue to blog - - -
For you
'Cause that's just the way I am.

Perhaps I need to develop an elbow pad.

Now, while I am showing these
Most unattractive photos of my
Bare anatomy
Let's focus on that hand - - -


That very OLD looking hand.

Oh, young supple skinned bloggy gals - - -
Protect those lovely hands
From sun damage lest they look LIKE MINE
By the time you hit the speed limit age.

When I saw this photo
I asked hubby if they really look
THAT OLD in person.
He wisely answered, "no."

Smart man - - -
He knows how to bend the truth
To flatter my ears.

This lovely comment about my aged hand
Just came in from Carol at "My Painting Room" :

"That is not an old looking hand.
That is the hand of wonderful experiences,
Multi-talents and loving care!"


Oh Carol, you are my new
Best Bloggy Buddy for the DAY!!!!

.

14 comments:

Cindy said...

Thank you for your sacrifice. Also, I prefer to call those freckles on the back of my hands!

Keetha Broyles said...

Yah, but what excuse would you use for my WRINKLES????

Lori R. said...

Wrinkles, spots, who cares. I'm thinking nice nail polish color and your nails a beautiful. (I've been planting flowers for the past 3 days, my nails are shot!) Thanks for injuring yourself, suffering for our enjoyment... Please keep typing K.B. We would miss you if you left. Just pace yourself, it will be fine!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Your nails are beautiful! You look like you have very smooth hands too!! Don't be so hard on yourself :)

Martin LaBar said...

Well, maybe the new health plan Congress is talking about will cover blogwoman's compensation . . .

Anonymous said...

I know, I know. This is why I prefer to very chic-like walk around with my hands in my pockets. Sorta like a runway look, you know?
Your hands don't look old at all, hubby was not fabricating :)

Carol said...

That is not an old looking hand. That is the hand of wonderful experiences, multi-talents and loving care!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

OUCH! I bet that does hurt! Rub some cream on there but dont quite blogging. it is worth the pain. I would miss you.
And I see no eldery hand there!!!

grammy said...

Good idea from Dr. LaBar. Since you will be able to get reimbursed for tatoo removal...get the fancy tatoo first (be sure it covers arms) and hopefully the sun-spots will be removed along with tatoo. I'm sure someone has already thought of this!!!!!

Second thought, I have never noticed any age spots on your skin. And didn't the ER husband notice the "blog burn" and recommend treatment????

Holly said...

I think blogging injuries are waaaay underreported!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I get those worn through spots on my arms, too. I guess it is from blogging!!

Goodness Keetha, those are not old wrinkled hands. They are quite lovely and polished and wonderfully hydrated. :) and they blog with lightning speed - that's the sign of a youngster in my opinion!

kyooty said...

hehehe if only the blogman's comp were real.See when you run it together like that without the ensation it sounds realer

you hands look great, I look down and see my dad's knuckles.

Trish said...

Geesh, Keetha...I didn't realize, that I am sooo behind on my Bloggy reading! Our hands look quite the same and I don't sun much at all. But...as my sweet Mom-in-law always said..."old age isn't kind." Hmmm...
Love your red fingernails and Carol!!!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Thanks for taking a bullet for all of us, and keeping up the blogging despite the threat to your health and beauty.

And no one with those fingernails looks old, my dear -- NO one!

Cass