Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Prank Call

.

I spent some time today volunteering in our church office working with Pastor Mark, seen here in the ever stylin' goggles with his sweet and beautiful wife, Annette. (The dubious looking character in the background is hubby.)


It soon became apparent that if I was to be of any help at all in the office, I was going to have to learn how to use the office phone.

As a teacher, I don't have much experience using "hold" and "page" telephone features. What do I mean I don't have much experience - - - - I have ZERO experience with office phones.

After about the third time I left the front desk to WALK to the Pastor's office to relay a message, he decided he needed to give me a little telephone 101 training. So, he came up to the front office and showed me how to hold, page, and transfer calls.

Wise man that he is, he knew I would need practice, so - - -


He walked back to his office where he could play two roles, "cell phone guy," and "Pastor Mark." (No - - - this ISN'T his cell phone, not having a photo of his I had to substitute a picture of mine.)

The call went something like this:

Me: "Westview Wesleyan Church, this is Keetha Broyles, how may I help you?"

Cell Phone Guy: "I need to talk to Pastor Mark."

Me: "Just one moment, please." (press hold button, press Pastor Mark page button)

Pastor Mark: "Yes?"

Me: "You have a phone call on line one, can you take it now?"

Pastor Mark: "I'm in a very important meeting, would you take a number?"

Me: "Sure, just a moment please." (press hold button, press line 1)

Me: "Sir, Pastor Mark is in a meeting, may I take your number please?"

Cell Phone Guy: "NO!! I want to talk to him NOW!"

Me: "Just a moment sir, I'll see what I can do." (push all those hold and page buttons again)

Me: "Pastor Mark, the guy on the other line is a REAL JERK and he insists on talking to you."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh - - - I do crack myself up!!!!
.

15 comments:

Trish said...

You crack me up too!!! That was great...what did your Pastor think? I would've loved to have seen the look his face!!!
~hugs~
trish

Keetha Broyles said...

He cracked up too - - - and that pretty much ended my training session.

Later he told the youth pastor that I called him a jerk, and I said, "No - - - that was the OTHER guy."

What's he gonna do - - - cut my pay??? Half of nothing is still nothing - - - I was VOLUNTEERING!!!

Hehehehehehehehe

KBeau said...

Keetha, you are so funny. I just love your posts. That's one reason I was so distressed today when I was tweaking my blog and I suddenly lost the list of followers from my sidebar. The title was there, but there were no blogs listed. :( Fortunately I had a list of blogs I follow in my dashboard. Blogging just gives me a headache sometimes. LOL!

Altered Glass said...

Boy, jerk guy would have had a cow if you had to walk back and forth to the other office in order to deliver the messages. Jerk guy should have appreciated you passing telephone 101 in such a short amount of time!

Tonja said...

you are too cool! Great comeback!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I'm pretty certain that wasn't the only funny thing that happened :) You are indeed a hoot.

Connie said...

Working as a volunteer certainly has its advantages...sounds like you are having lots of fun - made me laugh out loud! Connie

Louise said...

I've worked in two church offices ... and answering the phones can be a bit challenging, but usually interesting. One lady called one day and said "My name is ________ and you MUST talk to me!" I told her okay, I could do that and then asked how I could be of help. Seems she & her husband had moved to MI from another state and she was trying to find a church for them. She was calling every listing in the phone book and apparently folks either weren't in the office or didn't want to talk to her. I did and that Sunday she & her husband walked into the church for the first time, met me, stayed for service and then stayed for about 6 years, 'til they had to move again. We still keep in touch by the way and it's been at least 15years since that first phone call.

Holly said...

...and was it actually the jerk on the phone you said that to? Hee hee.

Keetha Broyles said...

"Cell phone guy" and "Pastor Mark" are one and the same - - - that was the whole POINT.

Hehehehehehehehehe

kyooty said...

Practice makes perfect. (I do hope I've used the right practice!)

Cindy said...

hahahaha! They get what they pay for! Great blog!

Brenda said...

HILARIOUS! Good one, Keetha!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOL! Was the jerk put through? LOL!

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm SURE the "jerk" got the point. Hehehehehehe