Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Visiting Tom - Michael Perry in My City

.
I spent Thursday evening in the theater in our local library listening to Michael Perry tell tales.
.
 

Michael Perry is a "local boy who made good" so to speak.

At least he was born right here in this town.  Then as a toddler his parents took him and moved to a dairy farm on the edge of the Northwoods near New Auburn, Wisconsin.

Today he is an author and communicator.  He came to our library to read excerpts from and talk about his latest book, "Visiting Tom."

He writes about Wisconsin, living on a farm, raising pigs and children, and other bits of every day life.

But he isn't an "every day" read.

No - - - I find his stuff a very special read indeed.

I could have sat last night and listened to several more hours of his story telling.

I found him interesting, funny, and poignant all at the same time.
.
.


But don't just take MY word for it, listen to some of HIS.
.
.

And here's some REAL Wisconsin humor 
For those who are not so faint of heart.
.
.
Joining Unknown Mami
For Sundays in my City.

My city is Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

“When you sell a man a book you don't sell him just 12 ounces of paper and ink and glue - you sell him a whole new life.”
Christopher Morley

Have a good week ahead!

retired not tired said...

I will have to look for his book and read it myself. My grandparents had a farm and I have fond memories.

Tami said...

I swear in my former life, I was born on a farm. Love it Keetha!

Tara R. said...

I love reading books by regional authors when they set their stories in places I recognize. It's like visiting old friends and hangouts.

Wayne W Smith said...

Sounds like it was an interesting talk.

Claudya Martinez said...

Awesome. I so love that your library has a theater and that they make good use of it.

Sandy said...

These two videos from youtube are absolutely wonderful....I am looking for the book here in NC...Thanks for posting about this event
from your town.....Farmer's snort...Fabulous...Laughed a lot...best thing to happen to me today..
Love from NC

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Very good Keetha! Thanks for sharing this my friend. I am trying to get caught up but it hasn't been easy.
I always love reading your fragment's too, its like having coffee with you.
We got cold today and had a wee bit of snow. Dan figured you were happy about the Badger game on Saturday.
Hi to your hubby too!
Hugs,
Cindy

42N said...

He's a real treasure. I liked both videos especially the visiting Tom piece.

Vidya Sury said...

What fun, Keetha! :-)