Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, November 23, 2012

20,000 Frags Under the Sea

.
Don't worry, I PROMISE there won't be more than 19,999 frags in this post, nor will ANY of them be under the sea.

The title is a shameless hoax.

But, please come on in anyway and enjoy some weekly fraggin'.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
   

Fisherhubby wanted me to take deviled eggs to our Thanksgiving feast, not sure WHY he is soooo enamored with my deviled eggs - - - but there you have it.

I saw some football deviled eggs over at the OTHER Keetha's blog.  Yes, there IS another Keetha, Virginia.

I thought I'd combine TWO of my loves in ONE batch of deviled eggs - - - food and football.  And I did it ALL for that other love of my life, Fisherhubby.
.

* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
While we were spending our Thanksgiving up here in Wisconsin, this is how PART of our Indiana Family was spending the day down there.

Don't they look good?
.
.
Well, how about NOW!?!

I gotta admit it - - - this is my FAVORITE one.  I'm especially partial to the pencil mustache.

Too bad Peepaw has forgotten HOW to be silly.  ;-)
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 
And while we were spending Thanksgiving here in Wisconsin, and Keri et al were spending Thanksgiving in Indiana, THIS portion of the fam was spending Thanksgiving in Northern Florida.

Cell phone picture texts are da bomb - no?
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 
This is what Fisherhubby considers an appropriate way to "carve out" his pat of butter.

Did I ever mention that he's only 14????
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 
We had a fairly hard freeze one night last week, and THIS is what "erupted" from the oriole feeder.

Not sure what cataclysmic forces caused it.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 
Fisherhubby won't TOUCH this stuff, and I'm glad 'cause then I can EAT IT ALL.   YUM.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 
Someone gave Daughter Keri this "King" mug for her birthday, and she shared it with me 'cause of my King collection.

She shared a PICTURE with me, NOT the mug!  ;-)
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 
If one pulls their solar patio lights out of the ground, piles them on the back stoop, and leaves them there for oh, say three weeks or more, did you know they will still glow all night right in their pile?

Of COURSE I have no proof or other reason to KNOW this knowledge - - - I just know it by osmosis or something.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 

Up here on the usually frozen tundra, once DST ends it gets DARK really early.  When I took this clock picture at 6:33 pm, it looked like this outside:
.
.
Fisherhubby and I have noticed that once it gets dark, we begin to feel REALLY tired and ready for bed.

He will look across the room at me and say, "Is it midnight?"

I glance at the clock and say, "Nope - - - just 6:45."

It's a nightly occurence, and about THAT I kid you not.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Thanks for joining me for these 20,000 (or less) frags.  Now, please hurry on over to Mrs. 4444's place and see all the other fine frags on display.    
.
.
.

Click this: Mrs 4444
.
.

20 comments:

Jan said...

Always get a good laugh from your post!
Great family pics and I love avocado too, though we share it here.
Love the Midnight - 6.45 anecdote!
Have a great weekend.

podso said...

Good laugh this morning! And enjoyed all your thankful bits! It's the little things that are important to note as well as the big things! Nice to see your egg cups again!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Agree 110% on how it feels like midnight at 6:45. I hate the switch from DST ... way too dark way too early!

Unknown said...

I was in a northern land once. It was summer and it was Russia. I can't imagine darkness in the winter in the north. Here in Honduras, night and day is almost always 12 hours. Loved the family photos.

Wayne W Smith said...

Those were some cool looking eggs.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What fun frags this week Keetha! Love the family pics! Enjoy your day!

hugs, Linda

Tracy said...

Yesterday was the worst for feeling late. We ate dinner at 1:30 so by 4 we felt it was bedtime. Can you imagine living in the arctic circle with no sun for months?

Claudya Martinez said...

Love your decorative deviled eggs. You've got a beautiful family and I love that technology helps keep you all in touch so well.

Keri said...

Those eggs are adorable...and you KNOW that means a lot coming from ME! :)

The mug came from my awesome hubby...didn't I include that in the text?!

Doesn't that pic of the FL Thanksgivingers look so warm and cozy and festive??? I love it. And them.

Happy BLACK FRIDAY...I know you are out shopping till you're dropping.

WINK...HAR HAR! :)

Barb said...

I love deviled eggs and football, too! The football deviled eggs are awesome!!!

Barb said...

P.S. - Found you through FF :)

Pam said...

The sun is setting in Sitka shortly after 3:30 pm - 3:34 this evening. Sunrise comes at 8:01 am. (Fortunately, there has been some sunshine while we have been here.) And there is the better part of a month to go before the shortest day of the year!

I thought the KKC gang were going to Atlanta too until Dad informed me yesterday that they gathered in FL. Looks like they made it safely and enjoyed TDay together.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Happy Thanksgiving! WE didn't celebrate with our whole family this year either. My parents stayed up north and my sister went to the assissted living facility to eat with her grandmother-in-law. We didn't think that would be the best place for my children, so we went t a friend's.

I love you deviled eggs and I love guacamole!

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, but I love your posts and the way you see your world. You always leave me laughing. :)

Have a great weekend!

LV said...

Keetha, love you sharing such cute things going in our life. I knew your fisher man had to have a flaw. Not eating wonderful dip/salad. I love it. I have had a lot of deviled eggs in my life, but never any that looks like these. What a neat idea.

42N said...

Here's my theory: Ice formed in the bird feeder with whatever water was present. The 45 degree spike is actually from partially melted ice that once surrounded the wire holder (90 degrees.) At some point it melted away from the metal wire and you caught it at an oblique angle. How does that sound?

Vidya Sury said...

I am loving the food + football (gosh, I typed foodball thrice before I got that right)combi! :D And my folks carve out the slab of butter exactly like that. But I stopped cribbing about that a long time ago! The freeze pic is just amazing. What is the pointy white thing at an angle? So looks like a giant thermometer to me!

And the award goes to your title. :D So cute!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the eggs! How nice to have pictures from the families. I love that idea. Love the stick of butter too. Glad you get the guacamole all to yourself.

Erin said...

The football eggs are adorable! Looks like everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I too love guacamole, and David does not. Is it a man-thing?

I can't find my blog said...

I'm sorry but those can't be your grandchildren. Your grandchildren are wee things that still need to be rocked. Your dad looks great, though. Maybe he found a stand in family? ;-)

I think the butter thing may be related to the fishing part of manhood... HD does that e.x.a.c.t.thing with the butter around here. It could be a virus or a disease. What do you think?

And, finally, I'll share the guac and I promise we won't have to share with anyone else!