Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

She "Done Good" - Real Good

.

This is our baby girl, Korie, and her hubby Chris.   Korie may LOOK like a Barbie but oh my friends, do not be fooled 'cause she is one tough chick.

When she was in high school some of her classmates, all right some of her male classmates, took to calling her Barbie and even gave her a Barbie doll for Christmas one year.

It did NOT go over well 'cause this girl has GRIT.

She even got a yellow card in her HS sectionals soccer match for pushing an opponent nearly to the ground - - - much to her mama's chagrin and her daddy's joy.
.
.

Yes, this girl's got GRIT.

Like marathon grit - - - The Indianapolis Monumental Marathon grit to be exact.

She decided she'd run a full marathon.

No one decided to run it with her.

That didn't stop her - - - she trained and ran alone.

This morning under cold, cloudy Indianapolis skies she embarked on her first 26 mile race.
.
.

She sent me a Glympse of her race.

Would you look at her speed???  And this is about halfway into the course.  9 mph.

How does she DO THAT?

I was huffing and puffing just SITTING here at my computer screen THINKING about it.

I get worn out DRIVING for 26 miles.
.
.

She ran right across the edge of the Butler University campus - - - past a row of Frat houses.

I told the Frat Boys to keep their eyes in their own heads as she ran by.
.
.

About that time - - - 20 miles into the race - - - she was still in good spirits even in a cold wet rain.

Chokes me right up.

I feel the same pride I felt when she was a scrappy little 6th grader running cross country.
.
.

And she finished!  Still all Korie Nae smiles.

She ran 26 miles in 4 hours and 45 minutes.  (Her mama wonders if any of the HS Barbie-Caller naysayers have ever run for 26 miles???)

The Monumental Marathon history books may not list her as THE WINNER in her category  - - - but she is all winner in MY book.
.
.

And just look at all the calories she burned.

As if she NEEDED to burn any.   I wonder if she could burn a few for her mama?

Many thanks to her hubby Chris who kept in touch with me during the race via texts and photos.

Made me feel like I was almost THERE instead of 7 and a half hours away in Central Wisconsin sitting at my computer.

Maybe the NEXT marathon I'll be there on the side lines, crying like a baby, as she runs her race.

It's a for sure and certain thing I WON'T be running beside her.

.
.

17 comments:

Anke said...

That is awesome!! She should be very proud of herself for accomplishing this!! Great job!

Divine Theatre said...

Woohoo! Girl power! LOL!
She is a beautiful soldier!

Andie

Tracy said...

Congrats to her. Did they have the tracking thing online so you could track her progress?

nancygrayce said...

Wow! That's one tough, beautiful girl!

Unknown said...

Wow!it amazes me anyone would want to run a marathon. I refuse to run for anything. Congratulations!

snswoods said...

Your baby is so beautiful!!! I'm sure she loves reading about her Momma's pride in her! What a wonderful accomplishment for her!! You and Greg done good ;)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Here Mama raised her right!

Keri said...

SOOOO proud of her!! Maybe someday there will be a Korie Barbie when she becomes all famous and stuff. :) It's funny how different our perspectives are...I would have given anything to be called a Barbie in High School.

Anonymous said...

And all I can say is WOW!

Terra said...

She done good, she done real good.

Vidya Sury said...

Yay! I am so proud of her too! You are a wonderful person, Keetha!

Lisa said...

Wow what an awesome achievement and I truly enjoyed your commentaries. Your daughter is real pretty.

Ann in the UP said...

What a great post! I love that she's strong and determined. I love that you love that about her!

But even more than that I love that she's a kind and good person, just like her folks!

Good job Kori! (I have some marathoners as well, and it always blows my mind that they do that.) They must take after their dad.

Erin said...

Wow! That is impressive! I hope you get to be there to watch the next marathon. Has she picked the next? My friend ran one in Hawaii...just a thought! ;)

Please note...if you ever see me running, there IS someone chasing me. Call for help. ;)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go Korie. I know you are proud, as you should be. That is just amazing. I wish I had that kind of grit in me!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, what an accomplishment!

Trish said...

How awesome you go girl! My husband has taken up running and at the ripe old age of 62 he ran his first 5K and came in second! Sheesh...I would take the prize for best spectator!!! Lol.