Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas and Babies

.


This is me with my first born baby, Keri.

Christmas and the birth of Mary's first born make me remember Keri's birth.

No, I did not wrap her in swaddling clothes and lay her in a manger, but she may or may not have spent a night or two in a cardboard box cradle.

Anyway, Mary the mother of Jesus experienced giving birth.  She had to change diapers, or whatever the Biblical equivalent of those were.  She nursed her baby.  She potty trained him.

I did those things for Keri.  Amazing to think of the parallels.

Now Keri has grown up, and much like Jesus she waited to begin her "ministry years" until she was about 30.  Since then her spiritual life has matured and blossomed into something truly beautiful.

A few minutes ago I found a post of her Christmas Story ponderings over on her blog.  It is worth the read, please go check it out and tell her I sent you.

I am so proud of this child of mine.

It's OK, I'm her mama, I'm allowed that kind of pride.
.
.

15 comments:

Keri said...

This is the best Christmas present you could possibly give me, Mom! I love you.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

You certainly have reason to be proud. And I LOVE your comment on her post! Obviously the apple didn't fall far from the tree. ;-)

nancygrayce said...

I agree, you have every reason to be proud! What a wonderful thing! Mama and daughter!

Sue McPeak said...

Ya'll look like SISTERS!!!! Lovely post...Yes, BE A PROUD Mama...shout her success to the world!!!

Thanks for stopping by CITexas Gal...I always enjoy your visit. It's been a crazy Fall here with starting a new job in October.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!!

Tami said...

You both have the same bright smile. I love it!! I can see why you are a proud Mama!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

What a sweet post with an even sweeter comment from the main character! :-)

Unknown said...

I am off to read your daughter's column. Bless you, mama. it's wonderful to read how deeply you love your girl.

podso said...

What a sweet daughter you have and a good relationship with her is obvious. You are right about her maturity and depth. I hope you/your da. don't mind me copying this to read to my ladies' group Tuesday (young women mentor thingee) as they are dealing with this now and it would be just perfect for Christmas, God may have done this link, and you thought you did! It will be anon of course,. OK?

How's that game going?

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Mama's are allowed to be very proud! I will go and read her blog post! hugs, Linda

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

She is beautiful and talented just like her Mommy!
And I bet she has a good sense of humor like her Mommy as well.
I will go check out her post...
Big Hugs,
Cindy
P.S. We got our real tree today, and I am so glad we did...its a beauty!

Claudya Martinez said...

I love it when you share stories of your family. You guys are beautiful.

Anita Johnson said...

So enjoyed your daughter's post...thanks for sending us that way! (o: You should be proud.

Theresa said...

Sweet picture! I am going over to read her blog:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Unknown said...

I love other people's 'Ponderings,' especially since I seem to have none of my own lately. Thank you so much for sharing your precious daughter with us!

Vidya Sury said...

Gorgeous Mom, gorgeous daughter. I had tears when I read this. And you must indeed feel proud of Keri. God bless. Hugs! Heading over to Keri's now.