Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, November 9, 2012

One is the Loneliest Fragment That You'll Ever Do - - -

.
"Two can be as bad as one,
It's the loneliest fragment since the fragment one."

With deepest apologies to Three Dog Night, but it's FRIDAY and I find myself sadly deficient in fragments, thus the tribute to the song and the band.

Honestly, I don't think I COULD name these FF posts WITHOUT poems, songs, movies, and books.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
   

Yes, you CAN go home again.

Recently I ran into these friends from my childhood days, from left to right Linda, Mary Kay, and Irene.

These sisters were enough older than Sister Pam and myself that when our family spent time on their family farm these girls hauled us around like baby dolls, even propping us up on their pony to take a ride.

I remember one Easter their family gave EACH of us a "store boughten" dress - - - which was to us, children of a seamstress mom, a delight beyond description!!!

The gal on the far right is Becky, daughter of Irene and childhood friend of my oldest daughter Keri.

Yep - - - sing with me - - - "Will the circle, be unbroken - - -"  (thanks to an old hymn.)
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 
I believe I've mentioned before that Fisherhubby has a propensity for LOSING his reading glasses.
.
.
Just guess where I found a pair today - - - "ride, ride, ride, hitchin' a ride."  (This time thanks to Vanity Fair for the quotable line.)
.
.

Yep, that IS a huge gouge-y scratch right on the left lens.  That's what happens when reading glasses hitch rides in places where they have no business being.

No WONDER we have to buy new ones all the time!!
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
I truly did intend to stop with 2 frags - - - thought that was all I had - - -but then I found a third.  Please, consider it a "bonus" and go with the flow, ok?

My students used to LOVE a bonus question or two on their tests.
.
   

.
When I am volunteering at the church, and when the Pastor wants to speak with one of us, we JOKE about getting called to the principal's office.

One day last week I received this summons.

GULP!!!

That old fear of the principal's office NEVER GOES AWAY, ya know??

The smiley faces should have been a give-away for me to stop shaking in my boots.

All the meetings in THIS particular principal's office have been of the un-scary variety.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
And that's all for today folks!

Now please hurry over 
To Mrs. 4444's place
To see all the other
Fragments which will be
More than one or two
And not lonely in the least.
.
.

Click this: Mrs 4444
.

For those of you who can't "guess" - the reading glasses "hitched" a ride in the DRYER.
.    

20 comments:

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I can always count on you for heartfelt sweet fragments. I loved the anecdote about you and the sisters. When I was born, we had a neighbor girl 4 years older than I and I was her baby. She became like an older sister to me.

I understand the husband and the reading glasses thing. Seriously. I do.

Lisa said...

How wonderful to get together with childhood friends. And Keetha, I can't figure out where exactly you found your husband's glasses, it looks like on top of the aircond duct, really?

I can't fragment well. You are so warm and open Keetha.

Unknown said...

Hubby does leave his glasses in some interesting places, how did they end up there?

I have the same feeling when I see an email from certain VIP where I work, half the time I am afraid to open them.

Enjoy your weekend!

Wayne W Smith said...

Those poor glasses though mine do get abused worse and they are a lot more expensive to replace.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Too funny about the glasses! I'm just to the point of getting glasses I hope I don't make that same mistake! Have a wonderful weekend!

Erin said...

A store "boughten" dress...that is sweet! It must have made a big impression to still remember it!

Ann in the UP said...

I can't quite identify where FH's reading glasses ended up either. When I was at the eye doctor yesterday it occurred to me that I might be seeing a lot better if I cleaned mine a little more often. Who needs cataracts, glaucoma, and macular degeneration?

Tami said...

Having teenagers, I find headphones in the dryer.

Skoots1moM said...

credit cards don't hold up very well in the washer/dryer either...i carry a mastercard now that is 'cattywompous' as my daddy would call it, hahahaha!

Unknown said...

Even when I was a teacher, I feared a note or call to report to the principal's office. Yikes!

Hootin Anni said...

...thank goodness I was never called to the principal's office. Well, at least the reading glasses are quite inexpensive....thankfully.

Diane said...

My husband can't keep up with his glasses either. He has one pair for reading and another for watching t.v./driving. His most recent ones have vanished into thin air.

This is one of the reasons I wear contacts but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I need a pair for reading since I'm in my forties now.

Happy Friday! :)

podso said...

So did you get called to the princiPAL's office often?

Could not figure out what object your husband's glasses were riding away on

Skoots1moM said...

nice to meet you, too
we live outside atlanta on the northeast side...not too far from st. mtn.
my girl's a 3rd year @ univ./Alabama and she's a leader at Wesley Foundation (methodist on-campus ministry) :)
she's about 4 1/2 hours away and i'm always eager to have her home.
T'giving will be here b4 we turn around good...gotta start cooking some side dishes

Kay said...

Hahaha, I was never called into the principles office...it would have freaked me out!

Poor hubby, I can imagine it must not feel good to be humbled so often ;-)

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

What a great blast from the past! I dropped my sister off at the airport this afternoon. She is heading home for the weekend for the last time before she has the baby. As she walked into the terminal, I kind of wished I was going with her!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Thanks for sharing where you found Fisherhubby's reading glasses. I knew I should be able to recognize it ... but it's been a long day (at least that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it). ha!

Jan said...

Very entertaining post, thank you.
Would be wonderful to have friends from chilhood!
We didn't have any 'bought' clothes either.... would have been such a treat.
Yes it is a constant battle to keep up with the whereabouts of our glasses.

42N said...

Good luck to your boys today. Purdue comes to Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City to play in about 40 minutes. My boys need to win two more games to be bowl elgible. Michigan and Nebraska are next. Looks like one of those will be our bowl game.

Vidya Sury said...

So glad I read the small print at the end of the post. I wondered where the glasses got stuck!

I am laughing at the summons to the princi's office!

Childhood friends - ah, I am blessed with them too! What a feeling growing up together! And then, have our families taking to each other just like we did!