Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Over the River and Through the Woods for Sunday in My City

.
.

On Thanksgiving Day we quite literally drove over the river (the Mighty Wisconsin) and through the woods to get to our family gathering.
.

It was a sunny, warm, sepia-brown sort of a day.
.
.
We passed directly through the heart of cranberry country, which makes up much of this central portion of Wisconsin.
.
.
Water abounds in the flat marshy areas of cranberry country - in fact, that IS what MAKES it cranberry country.
.
.
We passed many a cranberry bog in many a marsh.   This is how those bogs look after harvest and waiting for their white overcoat of snow, which should be coming very soon.
.
.
Our destination was Cousin Doug's house nestled in the rolling hills of Tomah, Wisconsin.
.
.
I wish my camera lens didn't "flatten" the hill.   This is Doug's "sugar bush" where he harvests maple syrup come spring.
.
.
We gathered around the table - just five of us - with very grateful hearts.

I'm taking the picture.

Fisherhubby, ever the jokester, is pretending to hold my hand at my vacant place.
.
.
We filled our plates to overflowing with our version of holiday fare.

We are truly blessed.
.
.
Joining Unknown Mami
For Sundays in My City.

Today my city is Tomah, Wisconsin.
.
.

25 comments:

Buttercup said...

So enjoyed the photos. Glad you had a very happy holiday.

Anke said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. The food looks delicious!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Beautiful photos. Your part of the country is so beautiful, and that food looks so yummy! Is this a Cornish game hen?

Lisa said...

Beautiful country and it looks like you had the most wonderful time!

Vidya Sury said...

So beautiful, Keetha! Happy Thanksgiving (every day :-)) I am so grateful to know you and connect with you! (even if I am filled with guilt right now for not visiting last week. It matters to me. A lot).

I could actually feel the warmth in your photos. Reminded me of a recent trip we took, driving through places that looked similar. Love gazing at fields.

Hugs! Vidya. Now am off to catch up on the posts I missed the last two weeks on your blog. :D

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Looks like a lovely trip and your Thanksgiving meal looks so yummy! I need to make some good stuffing this week. Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place you spent your Thanksgiving and that food, yummy!

Tara R. said...

Beautiful scenery, and that is quite a fest you had.

Actingbalanced said...

Yummy! I made homemade cranberry sauce for the first time ever... and I used Wisconsin cranberries!

Unknown said...

This post made me dangerously hungry!

Claudya Martinez said...

You are blessed! I love the reflection on the hood in the first picture.

joanne said...

nice country....and tasty-looking dinner!

Tina´s PicStory said...

great shots! the reflections in the first one are cool :)

Keri said...

Cornish Game Hens! Now why didn't I think of that?! :)

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I had no idea cranberry bogs were in Wisconsin. Everytime I see that cranberry commercial with the two men in waders surrounded by cranberries, I always wonder but never know.

The food and company look great. I really missed deviled eggs this year (I had to work this TG, so they were gone before I knew any better.)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Boy that area sure looks familiar!! hehe.
The food looks yummy Keetha and that Greg is a jokester fo sure.
Hugs friend,
I am freezing over here this morning. I suppose your a warm and balmy 50. Ha!

Erin said...

Looks like a beautiful drive and a lovely dinner!

42N said...

MMmmm, that looks good. I will be right over!

Lynette Killam said...

Lovely photos, Keetha, and a yummy looking meal you all shared. our people are what matter most in the world, aren't they?

Have a wonderful week...:)

Unknown said...

So glad you had such a lovely Thanksgiving with your family. Love the shots of cranberry country!

Tami said...

You weren't kidding when you said over the river and through the woods. You Thanksgiving meal looks yummy! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Powdered Toast Man said...

Where are the cheese fields? I though Wisconsin was known for cheese not cranberries.

Trish said...

Love the Cranberry Bogs! I miss driving over the river and through the woods to my In-Laws house BUT I miss them more!!!

mzzbev said...

What a wonderful drive!! How blessed you are :)

I can't find my blog said...

I just had to comment on the game hen... my #2 loves it when he gets his very own 'baby chicken'!

Looks like you had a lovely day!