Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, November 16, 2012

"Round, Round, Get Around, Frags Get Around!

.
Once again it is time for Friday Fragments hosted by Mrs. 4444.  Fragments are for those of us whose lives have gone round and round enough times that all we are left with is a handful of weekly fragments.

I am ONE of THOSE bloggers.  Good grief, I haven't even posted since SUNDAY. 
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
.
Someone who has no more control over her camera than to snap a random shot of the ceiling of her car, and doesn't even know she did it until she finds it upon downloading her pictures really shouldn't be GIVEN a camera.

These are the things that make Fisherhubby say:  "Keetha, I have a room reserved for you at the home - - - - the NURSING home."

.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Theoretically speaking, one may be DESPERATE for fragments when one walks around one's house moments BEFORE making her frag post just HOPING to see something that will trigger a brilliant idea for at least ONE frag.

(Because we all know that last minute random photos ALWAYS make for brilliant posts.)

Theoretically speaking that same person must lead a very dull life.

I'm just sayin'
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.    
If a person has to walk around their house trying to DREAM up frags, maybe that person should be kicked out of the frag party.

Theoretically.

Again, I'm just sayin'
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
   

I walked into a local discount super store this week and spied this cute little face peeping out at me.

I thought about leaving him sitting in the discount super store display HOPING someone else would spy him and give him to me as a gift.

Then I thought, "nah - - - I want him and I don't want to risk not getting him.  BESIDES, if anyone DOES give me another, then I'll just have TWO!!  Joy Joy!"

So I brought him home with me.
.
.

Released from the prison of his box, he's even cuter than I thought!!!
.
.

He's found a place of honor, blended in with all the vintage stuff on the coffee table - - - 'cause that's what we eclectics do, we eclectisize things.

He's looking me right in the face while I watch all my TV shows.

He's more interesting than the shows I'm sure.

I just LOVE him because - - -
.
.

EVERYONE needs a little Pig Leaguer in their life!!!

Spit and Snort - "Pig League"  Get it?  Pigskin. Big League.

Never mind - - - you had to be there.

.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 

You may remember the first installment of the ongoing Fisherhubby Reading Glasses Saga that made up one frag last week.

This week we find that the reading glasses are multiplying - - -
.
All over the house, just like rabbits.
Sigh.
.
.
 * * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.

Do you, like me, have a kitchen gallery FULL of people you love?
.
.

Mine's got friends, relatives, former students, and even some of my bloggy buds, LIKE MAYBE YOU, that have sent me photo greetings.

I love that you all WATCH me every time I dig into the fridge to get a snacky snack.

Your guilty stares AREN'T stopping me, so there!
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 

I know "duck decor" isn't "all it" anymore like it was back in the 80's.  But I still love my little duckies.

I've had the big one for years and years - - - well, since the 80's - - - but the little guy just showed up a couple of weeks ago in the Shepherd's Loft.

I brought him home right away so he wouldn't get that "last kid picked for the team" feeling and realize he was past his decor prime.

I love him just the same as if he were still all the rage.

Who decides what is "raging" anyway??

See - - - THESE are the thrilling kinds of fragments you get when I wander the house with my camera LOOKING for frags to fill my post.

You're welcome.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 

Here's another of the "random photo around the house" variety frags.

Does ANYONE ELSE out there in blog land LOVE to live right out of the clean clothes basket - - - like all WEEK?

Now WHO would DO that?????

Beulah is rolling over in her grave at this.

Beulah is my mother, and she did NOT raise me this way, so please don't blame her.

Sister Pam is very much alive and she's probably shaking her head at my slovenliness right now as she sees this fragment.

Don't worry - - - neither Beulah nor Pam shall deter me from my slovenly "live out of the clean clothes basket" ways.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 

Saturday I will have to pull out ALL the Badger stops.   I shall have to dress to the hilt in my Bucky wear.  I shall have to bite my nails (figuratively - I pay too much getting them done to literally do it) to the quick.

The Buckeyes are coming to Mad Town to play MY BOYS on the gridiron.

We really need to smash them into the ground.

No - no - no - DON'T SAY IT you Buckeye fans.

This is a BADGER blog, save your trash talking of us for YOUR blogs.

K?

I promise - - - win or lose, I shan't trash talk you in your blog comments.
.


* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
And that's all for today folks!

Now please hurry over 
To Mrs. 4444's place
To see all the other fragments.
Fragments that also go round and round,
But will likely have more substance,
Than those that are herein found.
.
.
.

Click this: Mrs 4444
.
.

22 comments:

Rebecca said...

We are going to have to talk to Mrs 4444 about posting her linky earlier. I have a bedtime I need to adhere to and it's not usually up early enough for me to do this before bed.

nancygrayce said...

I have no idea that I'll get a fragment, much less fragments up this week. I just put up a bit about my trip.......

I love piggy banks and have several. When my grands wre little and would visit, I would let them open them and take the money souvenir shopping!

I don't live out of the basket because I can't get the dirty clothes out long enough to put clean ones in.....your refrigerator portraits are very neat! Before I got a stainless steel fridge (magnets won't mag to it) my fridge was covered in pictures, but inno particular order....

Actingbalanced said...

Love the Pig League addition to the eclectic family!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest piggy bank I've seen in ages!!

Keri said...

Maybe Grandma stopped rolling when she realized that her GRANDDAUGHTER is a disciplined laundry-folder-put-away-er. I USED to be horrible with laundry...our pile was a mountain once, maybe you remember that post years ago on my blog? I came up with a solution: I do ALL the laundry every single Thursday. And ONLY Thursday. Knowing I only have to do it once a week has kept me committed from the first week of trying it out.

Bill Lisleman said...

the clean clothes basket is much better than the dirty clothes.
What do you do when you run out of space for the latest decoration? I guess you could move fisher hubby outside?

Unknown said...

Oh that Bill! He said just what I was thinking. The clean clothes basket is better than the dirty clothes basket. If you ever get to that level, than seriously consider hubby's offer of the reserved room.

Wayne W Smith said...

Lollygagging I see...not really but I just love to use the word lollygag whenever I get the chance. Isn't it a great word?

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

"Eclectisize" - I love that word!

I too would like to know who decides what is "raging" ... not that I follow his/her orders ... in decor or clothing - or anything actually! ha!

Erin said...

My favorite frag is the new duck you brought home! I can sympathize...I own all kinds of things just because I was afraid their feelings would be hurt. It's an issue!

Jeanie said...

I think you did the right thing by bringing the little pig home....he is a cutie.
BTW, great idea about putting the clean clothes in a basket instead of in a pile on the floor.....very tidy. :)

Tracy said...

I think there is someone out there just dreaming of ways to put a W or a badger on stuff because they know you will buy it! :)

It is awfully cute.

LuAnn said...

I am new to FF and looking forward to doing this on Fridays. And.... I love your badger things. I am from Fond du Lac.

Cathy said...

I've been known to live out of the clean clothes basket a time or two. lol

Loved all your fragments and loved seeing the stuff in your house.

Claudya Martinez said...

Seems to me that you do just fine with last minute fraggin'. I live out of the hamper.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

But that's such a good picture of the ceiling of your car - much better than one I would've deliberately taken.

Be well, Keetha.

Go Badgers!!

xoRobyn

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I miss the ducks from the '80s! I don't still have any, but I sure liked them then. Partly because Lyle and I used to watch the antics of the white duck couple that lived on the pond of the college we attended while we were dating. I should find me a couple at a thrift store, just for old times' sake. Maybe ducks-as-decor could make a comeback! Ha.

Mrs4444 said...

Eclecticizing is right up my alley,too; it's no wonder you like fragmenting.

Loved the ceiling pic, too :)

My entire family lives out of laundry baskets. I'm not kidding when I say that I used to hide the kids' Christmas gifts in their dresser drawers. I really love being okay with that.

Anyone who makes me laugh like you do gets to be a lifer; you will always be welcome to frag, Keetha! :) thanks for linking up!




Jan said...

WOW... that turned out to be a colossal set of fragments.
Have a lovely weekend!

Unknown said...

That is quite an outfit you pulled together and I must say, you have a lovely ceiling in your car!

Vidya Sury said...

That piggy bank! So cute! I am definitely making a kitchen gallery. Tomorrow I'll be done deep cleaning my kitchen! What a great idea! I don't mind confessing I would talk to them :D

I can't find my blog said...

I spy with my little eye.... a Headless Family!