Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday on My Vacay

.
We are in the middle of our 2 week vacation.

Bliss.

We're on Gull Lake in the middle of the Wisconsin North woods .

I'm linking this post to SIMC even though I can't manage a link back here on my blog.  I'm just smart-phone-blogging challenged like that.


Lake Time is the BEST time.


Our friends, Mike and Diane were here with us for the first week.  WHAT a time we had!!

They have now gone on to bigger and better things like visiting Mike and Frank's place in Iowa.

This week Greg's fishing buddy, "Markie" and his wife Jennie have joined us.

We went to the famous brunch at Famous Dave's.

Oh, but not to just ANY old franchise Famous Dave's, no siree bob!!!

This is the original on Round Lake. While we were eating our waitress came by and said, "Did you see Dave?"

"The REAL Dave???" I asked.

"Yep, the REAL Dave!"

Well, I jumped up and ran all over that restaurant just to try to meet Dave and get his picture for you, my bloggy friends.
Alas Dave had left the building.

I was able to get this picture with his cardboard cutout self AND our very real and live waitress, Bezh.

Bezh is cuter anyway.  ;-)

Besides having a really tasty buffet Dave's got some fun Northwoods stuff going on decor wise.

Like this Bobber-Que-Grill serving dish.

Bobber Que - get it????  That there's Northwoods humor at its finest.


Or how about this wooden canoe hanging above a doorway???


The whole dining room is all Northwoodsified.

And there's more ambiance in the bar.  There's so much ambiance it's hard to know where to look first.

I was very happy to meet Mr. Moose - stood right up on a chair in the bar just to get closer to his big face.

No I had NOT had one too many,  I'm a teetotaler.  I'm just goofy Iike that even stone cold sober.

Fisherhubby was especially proud and happy to catch a Round Lake Muskie.


After lunch we took Mark and Jennie to a place where they could have a romantic stroll.

Notice Fisherhubby and I stayed behind them where I HOPED FH would get a hint.  That ended our vacay Sunday - see you from my own hometown next Sunday WITH a link.

.

7 comments:

podso said...

Seems like it would be refreshing to take a vacation where the weather is cool. I see some sweaters here and there. Nice,

Vidya Sury said...

Very sweet! And if you hadn't told me that was a cutout of Dave, I wouldn't have known!

I love that wooden canoe!

Dave's place has such fabulous ambience, Keetha. Glad you had a great time!

Hugs!

(I worried when I didn't see your post first in the SIMC linky. Yours is usually among the first five, if not the first!)

Charlotte said...

Wow! What a great place to dine. I love the moose. Don't know why, but I have always wanted a moose head! I always say if I can find a WalMart, I am still in civilization!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are just having too much fun! I would love to visit Mike and Frank's place. How cool to see real people right there where the action is! I'm a BIG FAN! Have fun, sweet friend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Two weeks....how awesome is that and now you have new friends to enjoy your second week with! What a great vacation you are having.

★Carol★ said...

Ahhh, you're so lucky to have 2 weeks up there! We were Up North in June and I miss it terribly. Such a slower paced life, which I love. Retirement can't come soon enough for me!

nancygrayce said...

Ok that fish is so stuffed! 😜