Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, July 26, 2013

End of Vacay Frags

.
Today  is the last day of our Northwoods lake cabin vacation.  Bright and early in the morning we will point our noses toward home.

But for this post I'm looking back and giving you some end of vacay frags.

I cannot make a link back from my phone but if you will visit Unknown Mami's blog you will find more Friday Frags.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Meet Jennie.  She and her hubby Mark have been with us for the past week.  Jennie is no bigger than a skinny minute.  She's so short that from behind it looks like her car is driverless.

This picture is here because of human error.   The human would be the aurhor of this blog and the error was accidentally uploading the pic from my phone.

Work with me here and just enjoy the view, OK?

Now back to the Jennie frag - - - imagine the look on tiny Jennie's face when the nachos she ordered were this ginormous!!!

She implored us to help her eat them - Fusherhubby was more than happy to oblige.

 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


I posted a pic like this on my Sunday in My City post claiming that Fusherhubby was proud of catching a Round Lake Muskie.

What I did NOT say then was that he and fishing buddy Mark caught it right off the wall in Famous Dave's.  It's merely a replica of someone else's catch.

I thought FOR SURE that ONE of my bloggy readers would "call me" on it - but every single one of you let it slide.

 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


Meet Uncle Ben.  He lives year around a few cottages down the shore on this lake.

Sunday morning Fisherhubby was summoned to Uncle Ben's bedside and quickly realized an ER trip was in order.

After a couple of pretty scary days where it looked like there may have been a stroke with residual damage I'm glad to report that Uncle Ben is on the mend.

We are so glad we were right here when Fusherhubby's medical help was so sorely needed.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★


Death by chocolate ice cream from West's Dairy.  Double yum.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I do so wish I could have gotten a better picture of this motto to live by 'cause I'm afraid you won't be able to read it.

Basically it says life's journey isn't meant to end in a pristine well preserved body but rather in an all out slide for glory and enjoyment.

Or something like that.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★


Fisherhubby and Mark took the boat to another lake today to try their luck.  They didn't catch very many but they caught some smallies which was the goal so they are happy campers.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Back in Indiana our grans made some silly pasta faces while eating their lunch on their back to school shopping spree.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★


I do not have any idea what this contraption is called,  but that is our oldest son, Kelly, blasting off toward the sky on it.


This is our same dare devil son who skied right off the side of a mountain last winter.

It's for sure and for certain he knows how to squeeze thrills out of life.

.

13 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

I liked the first picture of the big catch better--funny they took it off the wall! You have one wild son there!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh man...you had me going with that 'wall fish'...I was certain that a big congrats was in order. LOL

That dare devil water contraption looks fun for those that take on stuff like this, I'd much rather sit and watch.

Glad to hear he is on the mend. Bet that was scary.

And yes, I did enjoy the phone flub view!

Empty Nester said...

When he squeezes thrills out of life, does he squeeze time off your life???? LOL I was able to read the sign by clicking on it- it got bigger. Sure wish I'd had some of that ice cream to eat while reading it. :)

Charlotte said...

So glad you and FH had a great vacation. Hope Uncle Ben is doing better.

Cathy said...

Death by chocolate....what a way to go! lol

Love the picture "that did not go there". Very nice.

Kay said...

Oh my goodness, Kelly is bound to give you guys a heart attack!! My Joshua is going to do that to us. He just have no fear factor in his body.

I am so glad FH was there for Uncle Ben. That had to have been scary. I hope Ben fully recovers to enjoy that cabin by the lake.

I happen to love that sign you found!! I think I may create a pin with that on it. Where can I give credit for the thing? That's the way I wanna go!!! May swap chocolate for chips, I prefer the salty to sweet ;-)

Rebecca said...

Nachos, chocolate ice cream, and pasta. I am so hungry now. It doesn't help that it IS lunch time but that's what I want for lunch. Pasta nacho's.......I think that sounds divine.

Also, I am just a touch close to five foot tall so my cars also look driverless.

nancygrayce said...

Well, all I have to say is that I'm impressed that you can blog from your phone, whether you can link or not! Crazy! I can't even read blogs on my phone.

I must have missed that fish pic because this old girl surely would have noticed it was stuffed..... I have missed a lot lately and I'm not sure ill ever catch up.

I'm so glad the doctor was in the house when he was needed!!! And glad that his patient is recovering!

Your grands,,,,,,,adorable, your son, dangerous!

42N said...

Those are called aqua jets - they use a runabout to help pump water through the hose and finally through jet nozzles. It would be cool to ride them.

Bill Lisleman said...

I've seen youtube clips of those water jets things. Looks a lot more fun than skiing off the side of mountain.
nice set of pics

Unknown said...

Faithful bloggers blog on vacation! Good for you. i like your comment that your friend is like a skinny minute. She looks fun.

Claudya Martinez said...

I am glad that Uncle Ben is doing alright. Very interesting water toy.

StarTraci said...

So much... First, I love the phrase "skinny minute" -- that is fabulous!
Second, the accidental pic is great and third, that jet pack looks really cool!
Happy Frags!
:-)
Traci