Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Elk Quest

.









A few weeks ago I learned that elk have been reintroduced into the Chequamegon National Forest in Wisconsin. I was determined to try to see some.

So this evening we set off on Highway 77 on a quest to find the majestic beasts.

We traveled over the river and through the woods. We drove on paved highways and meandering gravel trails right through the heart of Chequamegon.

When we finally spied an elk we were so excited we nearly split a gasket. We'd like to have seen more, but we are glad we weren't skunked.

Along the way we also spotted 18 deer, 2 sandhill cranes, 1 great blue heron, and 1 bunny rabbit.

4 comments:

Erin said...

How neat! I'd love to see one.

Charlotte said...

Wow! I would love to see an elk! I also want to see a moose someday.

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks for the link. I didn't know that there were wild -- I guess -- elk in Wisconsin. Probably just as well, or I would have looked for them.

Vidya Sury said...

Wow, I am glad you saw one. Must have been quite a drive!