Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, July 5, 2013

DIY Friday Frags

.

As we all know, the BEST laid plans of mice and Keetha often go astray.  I BEGAN this DIY FF post yesterday afternoon and here it is, early evening on Friday, and I have yet to finish it.  Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Welcome to this edition of my Friday Fragments posts.  I'm not much of a DIYer myself, but others around me appear to be, as you shall soon see.

 
* * * * * * * * * * * *

Daughter Number 1, Keri, and her family.  They ARE DIYers.
.

Is it just me, or is this picture really pretty and artistic in SPITE of the bender-overer in the middle of it???

Anyway, Keri and her hubby Jason have recently completed a BIG DIY project in which they replaced the roof on their little storage building, scraped their entire house, painted the house, painted the shutters AND even painted the porch furniture.
.
.
I tell ya, that little Keri is one gal who knows her way around a tool belt!!!
.

And just look at that porch!!!!   We think the pillows were the perfect finishing touch.
.

* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
Recently I've had some unusual experiences with assisting at teen parties at the library!
.

The first time I got to serve green brain hemispheres to a group of crazed zombies.  I'm told green brains taste like lime jello, but I wouldn't know for I did NOT taste them.
.

The following week I helped at a Steam Punk party.  Such a creative youth librarian we have.

A great time seemed to be had by all.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
If you were a kid in the 50's, there a strong chance you, like I, went through a chopped off straight-across-the-forehead bangs phase.

Thanks, dad.  (That's who cut mine.)

One of the above cuties is my sister Pam, and the other is moi.  Can you tell who is who and which is which?
.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
.
Little Miss Piper had a birthday.  Just LOOK at all the presents she got!
.

* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
It's that time of year - - - the time when some folks eat al fresco!!!
.

And why not, after all we JUST celebrated the 4th of July and if that "ain't" picnic season, I don't know what is.

These four picnickers are my three great nieces and one and only great nephew.
.

* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
  .

.And that's all the DIY frags I have today.



Please hurry over to Unknown Mami's place
Where you will see LOTS of other frags.

Why not make a frag post of your own?
If you do, be sure to link up!
.
.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

i don't know for sure which one of the cute little girls is you. However, I do know that your daughter is to be envied: clever, talented, hard-working, fit and good-looking.

Unknown said...

That porch is beautiful--love the orange! I had that haircut when I was little, we called it a bowl cut. My dad would tease and say he put a bowl on our head and just cut around it. Have a great weekend.

KathyB. said...

For some reason that "artsy" picture with the bender-over made me think of someone burying a body , but of course committing the crime with beautiful scenery in the background. :)

Your life is so much fun and I am pretty sure it is fun because OF you. Your daughter's porch is stunning. Love the colors.

Yes, sigh, I wore the same haircut, so I had to inflict it on my sons as they grew up !Poor boys.

noexcuses said...

I always love your pictures! The kids are adorable! Kudos to Keri! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Tami said...

I usually tackle home projects but Keri puts me to shame. I am impressed!! I have similar wicker furniture, except mine is black. I never thought of repainting them.
I'm not sure which girl you are in the picture. If I had to guess, I'd say the one on the right. 50/50 chance. =)
Have a good weekend!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I, too, had the same bangs (the rest of my hair was shorter). Our aunt, who used to be a hairdresser, cut our hair, including the chopped-off-straight-across-the-forehead bangs. Whoever thought those bangs were cute or fashionable needs his/her head examined. ;-)

That Keri is one creative, productive woman. I love the orange patio furniture ... and you're right, those pillows are a fabulous touch!

nancygrayce said...

Wow, your daughter and her husband did such a great job! I absolutely love the orange ! How creative...

Oh, yes I had those bangs! Why would someone do that to their children????? WHY???

Doreen McGettigan said...

I used to be a good DIYer but I just never seem to have the time or energy anymore.
The photo's of that porch are quite inspiring though..wow!
Yep, I had those bangs and the awful pixie hair cut as well.
The kids look like they are having so much fun and they are all adorable.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend.
I will be working out of the house with the elderly. The good part is their respect for Independence Day.

Charlotte said...

Love your frags! Yes, I had the "square" haircut! Hated it! Love your daughter's porch....great color!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Okay, I'm in LOVE with those happy pillows!!!! So, so cute!

And, what cute parties and for sure, I had that exact same haircut!!

Happy rest of the weekend!

Anita Johnson said...

I just told my husband we need to sit/walk/and be outside in the summer as often as we can...summer is short, winter is just around the corner!

Anita Johnson said...

PS I still have the bangs! LOL!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Speaking of Steam Punk, you have to check out San Diego locals Steam Powered Giraffe, they have videos on youtube.

BTW I love the orange patio furniture.

Claudya Martinez said...

Great set of frags and I love all the pics. I wish I was better with a tool belt. I'm working on it.