Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

.

This little boy, our grandson Mackinley, has a very special heart.   He is easily "touched" by the plight of others and innately feels empathy.

I know I'm biased, but I think he exhibits concern for others to a far greater degree than do most other children his age.
.
.
This is Chase, a little 3 year old family friend who needs to be "looked out for" by one of the older kids whenever the two families get together.

Mackinley never groans, never complains, and never shirks away from the "little kid."  Instead he willingly assumes responsibility and in so doing becomes the perfect role model.

Perhaps the following words by Bobby Scott and Bob Russell say it best:


He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother


The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

.
So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there

.
.
For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
.
If I'm laden at all
THEN I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another
.
It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share

.
.
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
.
.
He's my brother
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
.

13 comments:

Cathy said...

What a sweet post.

Jackie said...

That is SOOOO sweet!!! Love it!

noexcuses said...

Love this! What a guy! Your family is so blessed!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a precious story. I love Mackinley's heart!

LV said...

What a wonderful post. Keetha, you out did yourself on this one. Nothing can ever compare to sweet children.

Keri said...

This is wonderful!!! So proud of our boy and his Christlike heart.

Ashley said...

Keetha, this made my day! Chase just loves his "Mack" ! He has been a blessing to Chase from day one! What a treasure we have found in your grandson :)

nancygrayce said...

That made me tear up....what a sweet and thoughtful boy!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a little sweetheart and I've always loved that song!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Keetha this post does my heart good!

hugs,
Linda

Charlotte said...

What a sweet child. He will grow into a caring man for some lucky girl. This song brings back memories of my senior year in high school.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a sweet, sweet boy ... who will grow into such a wonderful man.

Tami said...

Precious, precious little boys!!