Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Free Day to Blog and Blog

.

No School Today At LCS


Physical Science students: Chapter 9 Test next school day.


Because we have some of this - - -


And some of this.

Actually, I'm thinkin' we could probably get to school this morning without toooooo much trouble - - - but the storm is just beginning, and the winds are getting ready to howl - - - and out here on the Central Plains, snow and howling winds make for white outs.

Besides, more than 200 other schools in our area already canceled.

Now - - - one little edgy-ca-shun-al thing to add to this post. Do you see that sharp little peak of drifted snow running the length of my deck? That my dear friends is a SASTRUGA!!!! (Sharp, wave like structures carved out of snow by the wind)

I LOVE that word. Sastruga. I'm just so tickled pink that the wind makes one across my deck so I can use the word frequently.

We also get lots of small sastrugi in our side yard - - - - but to get good pictures of them I'd have to bundle up and wade out into the cold. Of course, for YOU my dear bloggy fans, I MIGHT be convinced to make the sacrifice.

Enjoy your day - - -

PS - - - I'm still blue, only now it is with severe and utter depression over the Superbowl loss of my Colts. Severe and utter.

Please don't blame my Colts for the loss - - - it was ALL MY FAULT. I had too much pride, and the Good Book tells us that pride goeth before a fall. So I caused this fall.

Besides, as my friend Tonya pointed out - - - Samson's stregth was lost when Delilah cut his hair, and if you will remember, I cut my blue hair.

So - - - the fault is all mine. I will take responsiblity, which is far better than casting blame. Don't'cha think?

.

14 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, your sastruga is very cool!

I'm sorry for your super bowl loss. I rooted for the Saints as hard as I could and they still won. Seriously, this is the first time the team I rooted for ever won!I hope you'll still visit me!
Hugs,
Dawn

j said...

May I point out that I posted NO "Saints Win" post? I just couldn't do it yet. Maybe tomorrow... just a blurb... but for now I had to let my blog bud heal.

Of course you may not heal until football starts again in September, but I can hope.

Enjoy your day out of school and STAY WARM!!

Julie Harward said...

Cutting the blue hair huh...poor thing! Thanks for the lesson teach..cool! Have a great day too...come say hi :D

BlueRidge Boomer said...

School has been canceled up here in the high country until further notice!! Kids love it now....but, wait till June or the Saturday school sessions start!!....LOL

Stay safe and warm....LindaMay

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

LOL...Keetha, sorry to say it, I am still celebrating the Saints win and am firmly convinced that Hell hath frozen over...lol..Along with most of the country. I will say it was a great game, Payton played great, But it was just meant to be, after 41 yrs, it had to be...
You stay warm and snug inside today, untill this thing blows over.
Molly

Pam said...

They fought a good fight; they finished the race; don't dwell on the fact that they didn't take first place.

They will be fine; they'll still be cool; don't let it discourage you from wearing your blue!

(I love that new-to-me word: sastruga

Kristin - The Goat said...

I need to know if the word is pronounced "rug" like a floor rug or if it's "roog" like roof? I could look it up, but I do enjoy getting lessons from the master :)

It isn't your fault about the colts. I'm sure there were other fans that did much worse things. :) lol That's helpful, right??

Tonja said...

I'm glad you have a day to get over your terrible loss. :)

Enjoy. I can not even imagine being in snow like that!

Carol said...

We're getting all this tonight & tomorrow!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

WOW!!!

And have my counseling session not helped at all?

It wasn't you!!!! Don't be blue....except for the hair.

HUGS!

ain't for city gals said...

WOW..learn something new every day...sastruga...say that three times real fast...lol..sorry you are still feeling "blue"...this too shall pass...stay warm

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Okay, it was your fault :)
Love the snow photos. So you are not at school but will forever be the teacher, thank you for the information on a sastruga!

Brenda said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling blue about the game. I think everybody was in shock since the...ummm...other team wasn't expected to win. I'm probably not helping so I'll sign off now.
God bless!

Lone Butterfly said...

I like to think that because Mrs. Olivia Manning is such a good mother, and she raised such good Southern Boys as sons, Peyton was just being nice and allowing the Saints to win a Super Bowl - thus fulfilling the long held dreams of the Cajuns who supported his father, Archie, so many years ago...

However, I would have been happier if he had just won another ring for himself (of course, being from New Orleans - the Saints winning wasn't a total loss for me). :D