Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

This Got Me in BIG Doo-Doo

.


This little winter decorative sled was one of the first things I found as it came off the moving truck last week. It was a frosty morning that day, and since I don't have any fall outdoor decor handy, I decided to just go ahead and set my snowmen outside the garage door. Usually I put it out the day after Thanksgiving.

Seems my friend Connie told my friend Sharon what I had done. Sharon rolled her eyes at me and said, "I can't believe you put out snowmen already! I don't want snow!"

Well - - - I'm a snow baby. I love snow. I don't mind if it starts snowing soon.

HOWEVER - - - my little snowmen are NOT summoning up arctic air and sastrugi. (Read: they ain't a makin' it snow!) It's been sunny and in the mid 60's here all week.

Sharon can relax.

.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This answers a question for me here. We went out in October and bought a new shovel....expecting it to prompt the snow. Didn't happen. So I won't put out MY sled with snowmen yet either. Apparently they are jinxed.

Wonder what the trick is? We're waiting and waiting here. It's sunny and 45 at my house right now. And it's November 11th.

Odd weather year, that's for sure!

Hugs,
Jan

Theresa said...

I like a little snow now and then. I have been dragging out Christmas decorations but not displaying anything yet. Hopefully your snowmen will make it snow only at your house:)

Hugs to you dear Keetha! Have a blessed day!

Kristin - The Goat said...

We've got snowmen already showing up out here in Florida! I guess you're allowed to do that in WI LOL

Kristin - The Goat

LV said...

Good hearing from you. Nothing like starting something different. At least you are getting attention from your friends.

Jewel said...

Whatever "sastrugi" means, it isn't the snow that's so awful, it's the cold! However, I'm a bit of a baby when it comes to driving on snowy roads. I recognize that my fears of tripping down the stairs and bloodying my nose, and my fear of vomiting explosively in public are slightly irrational, but I don't think my fear of snow is. :)

It can snow all it wants between Dec 21 and Jan 12, because I'll be in Cambodia. ;)

Lynn said...

So. How are you coming along on that moving thing.
I decided that my next move will be to the crematorium.
Cute snowmen!
PS. My Sooners ain't doin' so good.
Not watching them any more.
Well maybe one more.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am sure I would have done the same thing you did!

nancygrayce said...

AWWWWw.....you just needed a little touch of home!

Ann in the UP said...

In spite of the fact that it was often snowing on Halloween when my kids were trick or treating, here we rarely have snow that stays before Thanksgiving.

That was my dear mother's mantra, and it's most always true on the northern Wisconsin border.

KBeau said...

What the heck is sastrugi?

Sounds like you're having great weather.