Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, November 22, 2010

My "Not so Black" Little Black Book

.

Some bloggers craft.

Some bloggers tablescape.

Some bloggers decorate.

Others thrift.

Still others knit or sew or go with those who do.

Not me. I keep a "not so black" little black book.

When my MIL was here in September, she saw my "not so black" little black book and told me I was a bookie. If the shoe fits - - -


Perhaps you SAW my "not so black" little black book in my Football Cave post. Yes, there it is, just beside my right elbow on the lamp table. See it?????

It's all about the College Football Pick 'Em game I made up and play via e-mail with some fellow NCAA football junkies.

I guess you could call me "The Commish."


Each week, usually on Sunday afternoon, I go through the schedule of games for the following weekend and select the games I'm going to include for that week.

How do I select which games to include and which to leave out? What is my criteria you ask??? Well, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you - - - - so let's not go there.
(Interpreted: no criteria, just what strikes my fancy as being a game of significance for that week.)

I write all these down and circle the ones I deem "really important" and they are the ones I include just below the header on this blog each week. Hmmmmm, you haven't noticed you say??? Well just look up there.

Next I e-mail the list of games to all the Picks players.


I open my "not so black" little black book and record the games down the left hand margin. All week long the "not so black" little black book lives right by my computer where I can record each player's picks into it as they come POURING in via e-mail.


Then on Saturday, while I'm watching AS MANY OF THESE GAMES as are shown in my area, the "not so black" little black book stays by my side, along with a green pen for recording scores and the all important white-out for blotting out those rare mistakes I might make.


I record the game scores as well as assigning points for each game to the players, five points when a predicted "Goliath" wins, and ten points for every predicted "David" win.

When Football Saturday is at an end, I tally up each player's score, bring forward their previous balance, and calculate their running total. These results I e-mail out to each player.

When bowl season gets here, there will be a little extra "kick" to the scoring - - - but we can't reveal that quite yet.

And just what are we playing for - - - besides the THRILL of the game????

Do we play for money??? ABSOLUTELY NOT! We play for something FAR FAR better. "It is a far, far better thing we do than we have ever done before."

We play to have our name inscribed on this virtual trophy:



.

9 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love your passion for the games.
So glad you have people to share it with. Hope you win the trophy!

Ann in the UP said...

I Knew there had to be something more connected to the Football Mania, than only rabid fandom!!

I'm so relieved that there's some competition and skill involved!

How exciting!

LV said...

I never thought you were that big a fan of football games. I more think of it as something your hubby enjoys besides fishing. We each have our own little perk. You are alright, regardless what anyone thinks.

Theresa said...

I most certainly DO notice your list of games and wondered how you came up with the games to list! I thought about it a lot one day and decided NOT to try and read your mind:) This Saturday is my Husband's College GT and my Daughter's family's favorite team Georgia! So we WANT Georgia Tech to win... of course, their QB broke his arm, dangit! Enjoy your evening! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I want you to win that trophy

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Well Keetha!
You little bookie you!
Oh my hubby loves this stuff! He analyzes all the games too and is most happy when the Packers and Badgers win and the Vikings lose!
hehe.
Happy THanksgiving!
Cindy

Jewel said...

A few years ago, I never would have guessed you were such a football junkie. Now, I don't think anything would surprise me because I'm pretty sure if Mrs. Broyles sets her mind to doing anything... she's going to do it!!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I love that you have such a group and that you are the scorekeeper!

What a hoot.

Kristin - The Goat

Janet, said...

You sure are crazy about football. The only games I watch are WVUs, and sometimes I don't watch those, they are too nerve racking! Good luck at winning the trophy.